Accountability thread

I love my food, but mostly dinners lol! I love to cook and make good things to eat for my family. And I will cook my Sunday breakfasts and not feel bad about a snack before bed or a beer with dinner, no way. Because exactly, once you start depriving yourself of everything is like the kids of death...

Got my workout done, they are ten minute segments and I finished two plus most of a third before my little got upset. But I had a nice sweat going! And now I'm thinking of bundling them up and going for a walk in a little bit! Love this colder weather!

I am glad someone else is on my page, I really do need to get more exercise though, I try get out with the pram too but it constantly rains here, it's awful! Maybe I could start doing little things through out the day, jogging on the spot, skipping maybe? I had an operation to remove a kidney only eight weeks ago so I need to start with something steady :flower::flower:

I'm sure any activity will be better than none. And be sure to take it easy!!!! I hope you're feeling alright, I can't imagine undergoing such a massive surgery. But yes maybe light jogging or even speed walking around the house... I can keep track of steps with my phone, maybe see where you are now and make a goal?

I'm sure any activity will be better than none. And be sure to take it easy!!!! I hope you're feeling alright, I can't imagine undergoing such a massive surgery. But yes maybe light jogging or even speed walking around the house... I can keep track of steps with my phone, maybe see where you are now and make a goal?

Thank you, I'm doing good now :hugs:

I think I'm going to try get out with the pram today if the rain holds off fingers crossed! I can keep track of my steps too with my phone, I think it's an app that I need to download maybe I could do that x

HI kmr - I've seen you around here a bit too. Nice to have someone who has also recently had a baby to share accountability with.

Mummy to be - sorry to hear about your op. I hope yu are recovering well too.

Do any of you ladies have a fit bit? If so do they help? I'm thinking of getting one.

Yeah. I'm thinking about some kind of fitness device too.

I've been struggling with baby crying and being awake all night, so I haven't paid any attention to myself. I hope things settle down soon...

Amy - hello. I see your little one is three weeks old. Congratulations. Do you have any other children? Those first 6 weeks are tough. Take it easy on yourself.

Well ladies! How did we all do today?
Mummy to be, gosh that kidney operation is a big deal, I'd agree with taking the time to recover for now! The healthy eating will keep you on track for a little while. Hope you feel 100% again soon :flower:

Having only gotten 5hrs sleep last night (thanks dd2 :thumbup:) I knew I wouldn't be great with my eating (I really graze when I'm sleep-deprived! :wacko:) That being said, I would normally have been worse. So I'm not going to kick myself about a couple of Oreos and buttered toast. Tomorrow is a new day, so I'll keep focusing on the long-run :)

Kmr thank you for starting this thread! You are so great to be hitting those work-out dvd's just after having a baby! I started a men's health abs set yesterday (2 Caesarean sections have all but paralysed my stomach muscles!) but now I'm having to go to bed to catch up on sleep so I better double up on those tomorrow.

Depressingly, today Facebook gave me one of those "memories from a year ago" moments and I looked slim in the pic, then realised I was two stone lighter a year ago :nope: How on earth did I manage to pack on 2 stone in a year??!!:cry:

There's some work to be done here! Goodnight ladies, wishing you all a great Thursday :) x

Amy - hello. I see your little one is three weeks old. Congratulations. Do you have any other children? Those first 6 weeks are tough. Take it easy on yourself.

She's my first! :) I'm trying not to beat myself up too much, but I also know that I should be getting into better eating habits. I was getting pretty lax towards the end of my pregnancy with the high sugar intake. I'm super short (5 feet) and any weight gain is so noticeable :(

Hey ladies!!! I'm contemplating a fit bit, I'll need to read reviews. My sister has one, but she isn't trying to lose weight-- as in, she wants to lose weight but she's not doing anything about it. So not sure what good it does. She has just the little one. But she likes it!

I keep falling asleep with newbie sitting up... She wakes to nurse and I sit up in bed propped against my pillows and her nestled against me on the boppy and I just go out. Makes for ick sleep. Luckily my nearly two year old has been sleeping through the night through the most part, so I'm only usually contending with the newb.

I got my workout done today! Was worried I wouldn't, but the babies finally gave me a break. I worked upper and lower body as well as a stretching segment. I really need to get some cardio going on. My weight hasn't really shifted since I started exercising. I hover right around 135. Usually 134.4-134.8 ish... But everyday I have sore muscles and the soreness makes me feel like I'm doing good for my body so I'm really encouraged and so far my motivation hasn't failed me. Plus I look at my gym rat husband and his hot bod and I want to look like we match and not like "what is she doing with THAT guy" lol.

Stay motivated ladies!

Thank you ladies I am doing good now :hugs:

Well I did well on the diet yesterday and this morning I've started my day with an omelette, usually I include toast in my breakfast but I'm trying to cut down on the carbs just a little!

Kmr - :rofl: no way does anyone think that, I bet you look great!

Ruth - I hope you manage to catch up on sleep it's not easy when your sleep deprived!

I've not got a fit bit but my sister does and swears by it, they are quite pricey though.

Hope all you ladies have a great day. Stay healthy ;)

Good morning ladies! Mummy, great job on breakfast! And sounds tasty! I'm not a huge breakfast eater, many days I go without. Yesterday I had a pop tart and then felt guilty after :(

Day is just started here, will update a bit later after I have done my exercise and not feeling so sluggish ❤️

Mmmm pop tarts are good!

Ok today's gone ok but I am so hungry and craving bad food! We've decided on a treat for tea tonight but I will look at it in the way as, it's no big deal, we'll get back on track tomorrow, tomorrow is a new day. We all need a treat once in a while right? ;)

I couldn't deprive myself of everything otherwise I would just fail!

I am having a hard time getting going today. I feel like I have a head cold starting and I want to do nothing. Might take it easy with a quick Ab workout and a walk later on. Ugh for off days. Will report back when I have actually done something.

Omg pop tarts. I didn't think they were still around. Yummy.

Yesterday I had cheesecake (baked) and fish and chips and a chocolate cake. Oops. But I haven't officially started yet.

My official exercise for a couple of months is going to be walking so I figured a fit bit would be a good way to make sure I walk lots. Plus my family have them and we could have friendly competitions.

Just wondering if anybody is interested in a weekly weigh in day?

Kmr I hope your feeling a little more up beat soon. Have a great day Hun.

I would like a weekly weigh in but my scales broke, it wasn't because I'd stepped on them, honest :rofl:

^^ lol mummy!
I think a weigh in day is a great idea. What day makes everyone happy? I'm feeling Friday, as it's after a week of staying on track and before the weekend when folks tend to veer off track a tad. Lol. But whatever days works best for everyone.

I still have not worked out. I feel on the verge of sick and it has made me feel very unmotivated.

Why you feeling sick kmr? Hope you feel better soon!

Well I had a treat last night, so today I'm back on track....hopefully, I always struggle at weekends lol.

Feel like I'm getting a head cold! Yesterday my throat was sore and my head was just fuzzy feeling. Going to hit it hard today plus tons of housework and shopping to do as my husband's brother should be coming to town today and I have no food. I will weigh-in a little later this morning, might even post a pic? Check in soon ladies.!

Thank you!! I got in to segments of barre workout done, I was a little shaky my muscles are still sore! But worked up a nice sweat! Will ask husband to work abs later because they are no longer sore and I love feeling sore there where my body needs it most right now. But I have to get ready to go to the store and get food before my oldest gets home from school so I'm out of time.

Weigh-in 01/15/16: 133.6!!! This is awesome!!! Lowest weight in ages and motivates me! I weigh in the morning before eating and in underwear only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->