accute stranger anxiety?

tommy was exactly the same, i put a post up about it a while ago....he was terrible, anybody he didnt no hed scream, literally bawl his eyes out and nearly be sick (hes a naughty boy lol) even people he did know as in my mom and step dad if they picked him up hed start..he was all me me me, oh could calm him but not fully, once it was tht bad at oh's granparents we just had to go and even then he didnt stop crying for half an hour!
I had to take the step to try and stop this and he goes to a childminder twice a week who takes him to as many places as she can and interacts with other moms/minders at toddler clubs/wacky warehouses etc....she encourages other to play and talk to him...i must say its made a hell of a difference and although hes not a totally different child he is so much calmer and relaxed and we are able to introduce people to him now that he doesnt know..its a slow process but its got to be done

h x

good luck!!

:shock: Hannah's not quite that bad! She's fine like I say in public she's happy as a lark and loves eating out in restaurants (she's nosy and enjoys watching people) and going to the mall etc. And she doesn't scream/cry to the point of making herself sick but she whines....and whines and whines. If people sit back and are quiet, letting her take them in before trying to touch her, play with her, talk to her she does sooooooooo much better.

yep there was talk of going to the Toronto zoo a while back. Would love to meet up! If going to the zoo we should probably try to do something in what May/June before it gets really really hot? We are looking in the Mississauga area, it's close enough for Stan to commute easily when he needs to plus he lived there with his mom so is pretty familiar with the area

If we go on a Friday that'd be awesome as my OH has the day off and could drive us down there! I'm in! (and super excited too!!!)

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-meets/122035-okay-gta-girls.html#post1929255

Might be easier to keep track of ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->