acetaminophen/tylenol and low bbt?

glitterbaby88

Reaction score
Ok so my temps after ovulation have stayed high between 97.95 and 98.22 yesterday i woke up with a TERRIBLE migraine around 2:30 am. So i took a tylenol and went back to sleep woke up at 5 and took my temp (i usually temp at 5:30) i know i got less then 3 hours of sleep but i wasnt gonna be able to get more than that before 5:30.. anyways my temp had dropped significantly went down to 97.67.. could this be due to taking the tylenol 2 1/2 hours earlier or should i be expecting my AF soon? Just wondering if anyone had experience with this so for later cycles. . Oh and im 13dpo today..

It has never effected mine. ..unfortunately all I can ever do with my Temps is wait till the next day temp to see what it was. ...sorry not so much help

Thanks! I tempt today and its back up to 97.90 soo if af doesnt show by tomorrow morning ill test!

I think it’s a synergistic effect of restless sleep and Tylenol that has caused dropping your bbt. I would wait and see tomorrows’ temp just to be sure. Tylenol can reduce a fever so might have effect on your bbt but our all bodies are different and what affects one might not affect the similar way for others. So unless you know Tylenol affects your bbt earlier, you can’t be sure. Unless you are taking right around O time, it is unlikely to mess you up much.

Lack of sleep can cause women to lose heat faster so even that is also another factor to consider. I read online “Basal Body Temperatures should be taken with a minimum of four hours of relatively uninterrupted sleep”. If you had interrupted/restless sleep, it can affect the pituitary gland, which regulates reproductive hormones and influences your BBT.

Hope it makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->