Aches...

lottie_2007

Mummy of 3!!
Reaction score
I seem to keep waking up with terrible aches in my back and across my tummy, like stretching but its really uncomfortable. I have it through the day too and have just sort of accepted it but its starting to get me down, i never feel comfortable! Anyone else? I have bought a maternity pillow which is wonderful but i still feel like crap in the morning! :nope:

Hi

From what I have heard, that sort of stretching pain (ligaments stretching to make room for baby) is fairly unavoidable.

Are you keeping mobile (gentle exercise) during pregnancy? Do you do prenatal yoga? That can certainly help with this sort of thing (and give you techniques etc to help ease it a bit). How about swimming? Keeping your joints, ligaments and muscles flexible and supple HAS to help a bit... also a little gentle exercise often aids sleep.

QT

I'm going to start aqua natal classes, a friend of mine is giving me some sessions that she bought! I just feel so uncomfortable all the time! I wondered if the baby could by lying in a funny position, i guess i'll have to wait until scan to find out! x

:hugs:

Babies normally change their positions regularly, so that shouldn't be an issue (at least not a lot of the time).

It just sounds like your body is changing to adapt itself for the baby (i.e. expanding ligaments for more room) and childbirth (softening ligaments that are more likely to hurt).

DEFINITELY bring it up with the midwife, but I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Take it easy (watch for lifting/carrying/twisting/reaching etc), but try to get regular gentle exercise: prenatal aqua sounds fab, but I am a big fan of prenatal yoga, too, if you can find a good class locally :thumbup:

Good posture is important too: avoid slouching in seats/sofas - sitting up properly helps a lot. I am making a very conscious effort on that front...

Look after yourself and wishing you some peace and sleep :hugs:

QT

Im the same only, i wake up in morning, struggle to walk, until i feel like ive broken in my hips again lol!

Oh I get this. Sometimes it's so hard to sleep and sometimes it is hard to stand from sitting. lol

I'm glad i'm not alone, i don;t remember being this uncomfortable with lottie but then again i was getting alot more rest! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->