Acid Reflux

Wendyk07

Mummy to Derrin and PAL
Reaction score
Anyone getting this?

I woke three times last night due to this. Its horrible. The only thing i could think of was to drink cold milk which worked for a while but it did come back.

Anyone any other remedies for this?

:hug:

Wendy

No remedies I'm afraid, I did have this a lot in the early weeks. It's horrible. It actually seems to have died down over the last week or so although I'm still burping a lot!! I can handle burping though, even if it's not very ladylike!

One word - Gaviscon! (The liquid one, not the tablets). I bet it is going to be your new best friend for then next 7 months :hugs: Tastes like crap (after a while you get used to it) but works miracles:hug:

Hey hun, Wombat is right, gaviscon is now your new best friend (as she says it is horrible but it comes in 2 or 3 flavours now so you can try them all and see which is the least horrible). Renees work but not quite as well. You'll also need to watch to see what foods make it worse so that you dont suffer more than you need to.

im soo going to try gaviscon thanks guys,. im getting it at times too

Thank you. Will pick up some Gaviscon on the way home.

I found remegel to work quite well - chalky but chewy so not too bad xx

I got it for a few weeks , up until 10 weeks or so I took some tumbs .

DEFO chicklet! I have been getting it everyday! Its horrible isnt it! Like the others have said, Gaviscon is definatly the best for instant relief.

Try the pink coloured one, i was given a bottle of the yellowish coloured one and pouring it out onto a spoon made me think it looks like .......... you know ....the stuff that gets you preggers haha!! Sick i know, sorry girls!! But i had to literally close my eyes whilst taking it haha!!! Its the consistency too! At least the pink one makes you think its yoghurt or something!

God im a sick little pup arent i!!

I suffered really badly with acid reflux with my daughter, and I had it bad all the way thru. At the end I was going thru about 8 pints of milk a day just to control it! Gonna keep the Gaviscon in mind tho just in case I get it with this pregnancy! x

Milk appeases it in the short term, but makes it worse after only a little while.

Gaviscon or Remegel. And at night avoid eating anything later on and prop yourself with pillows as much as poss. You might also find laying on one side is worse than the other. Laying on my right side is almost impossible.

by acid reflux do you mean heartburn? I'm suffering terribly from heartburn and trapped wind and am going to get Gaviscon very soon indeed!

When nothing worked for me my ob told me it was safe to take Pepcid Complete. I had tried drinking cold milk and that helped but the heartburn always came back a little while later and when it came back it tasted like sour milk. It was pretty nasty. I have tried tums by the handful and those just made me nauseous and did nothing for the heartburn. Pepcid became my constant constant companion during my first pregnancy and now i know what to take when heartburn strikes with this pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->