Acid Reflux

ladymilly

proud mammy
Reaction score
I think Jack has acid reflux :cry: he has all the symptoms :cry: i tried infant gaviscon on his last feed and just wondered if anyone knows how long does this normally take to work.

I heard it was pretty much instant - it lines the throat so the acid doesnt burn? (I think...)

I found with Morgan that there was an significant improvement within the first couple of feeds... but got the full effect after about a week really.

She still gets it bad from time to time, but no where near as bad, and she's been on the Gaviscon for about 6 weeks.

I would say try and persevere for about a week, but if you don't see much improvement, then go back to see the GP.

:hug:

I found with Morgan that there was an significant improvement within the first couple of feeds... but got the full effect after about a week really.

She still gets it bad from time to time, but no where near as bad, and she's been on the Gaviscon for about 6 weeks.

I would say try and persevere for about a week, but if you don't see much improvement, then go back to see the GP.

:hug:

do you give it with every single feed?

Absolutely... EVERY feed. Morgan is bottle fed, so I add a dose to every bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->