Acne and TTC

carcar

Reaction score
Hi!

I have pretty significant hormonal acne that was completely controlled by the BCP, specifically Diane 35, which is prescribed for acne, not just as BC.

I have been off the pill since March and my acne came back around Sept/Oct. I figured that it was a good sign because it meant the hormone effects of the pill were finally out of my system. We've been TTC for 4 months now and no luck yet.

I am wondering if anyone knows if the hormones that lead to acne/oily skin can also affect fertility in some way and if there's any thing I can take to combat it??

Thanks!

I dont have an answer for you but I just came off the pill a couple months ago and I have had oily skin since and I am having a break out bad right now. It usually only happens around my period but thats not for another couple of weeks. Hope this is a good sign for our fertility! Lots of water and a good facewash usually helps me

A lot of acne is hormonal. The same hormones that make us fertile and cycle each month can also lead to oily skin and breakouts. For some women, it can get even worse while pregnant. :(

Good skincare and a good diet can be helpful. Be careful, as most acne-combating products rely on ingredients that can be harmful to a developing fetus (salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are both no-nos). I use a skincare line that actually uses high doses of vitamin C to provide similar benefits, and it does help. Also, some lines use lower doses of salicylic acid that may not be absorbed enough to be harmful, but that is something to discuss with your medical professional.

Thanks Dill! I had no idea about those ingredients being harmful, good to know!

All I know is that before I found out I was pregnant with V, I was having a major acne outbreak, the likes I hadn't seen since I was a teenager. So I'm sure there are some hormonal associations, and since it increased when I *was* pg, it seems like it should be a good sign for your fertility because it means those hormones are elevated? idk, not an expert, just a theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->