Active to due date Question!

sharayahaines

Reaction score
I'm curious and would like to take a layman's survey of sorts, if possible. I've read that being sufficiently active during pregnancy may have effects on due date in the sense that baby matures slightly faster. I'm 33-1/2 weeks with my first baby and have maintained an active lifestyle and moderately healthy diet throughout which I've noticed has made a huge difference in otherwise inevitable prego discomfort, which I am immensely grateful for. My question:

1) If you were fairly active during your pregnancy, when (in relation to your due date) was baby born (assuming no complications)?

2) how "healthy" was your diet?

3) Was it your first child? second? etc?

4) How long was baby and how much did he/she weigh?

I'm sure it's all anecdotal, but it'll help kind of distract me from the antsiness of waiting for his arrival :) I know he'll arrive when he's ready, but it's fun to learn about!

1. 3 weeks 3 days early (36 weeks 4 days).
2. Diet had more splurges than pre-pregnancy but still rich in fruit, veg, and whole grains.
3. First.
4. 6lbs 2oz and 18in long, although 2 days later pediatrician measured him at 20.

1) exactly 1 week late, only a 5 hour labor in total was told that was due to staying active until I couldn't physically do it at 38 weeks lol. I had high BP through out.

2) I ate as well as I could, minimised takeaways and cut out sweet snacks and sugary sodas due to already having a higher bmi, and kept it the same through out!

3) first born

4) 7lbs 13.5oz they don't measure length at the hospital I went to 😣

I had a ln induction booked for 16th (12days overdue) but labor started naturally on 11th ;)

Best of luck

I decorated the nursery at full term, was out and about getting mot on my car on my due date, did a huge food shop then too so I didn't go into confinement like some people do.
He was my first and was 9-12 days late depending on whose dates you go by.
I was relatively healthy with my eating, I did eat too many ice lollies though due to the heat.
He was 10lb3oz, his length wasn't measured but he was in 0-3 clothing from birth and is to this day tall like his dad.
Xx

1) If you were fairly active during your pregnancy, when (in relation to your due date) was baby born (assuming no complications)?

13 & 18 days late

good ratio proteins to carbs; cut out sugar, caffeine - the things you're supposed to

1st and 2nd

i don't remember lengths, but 7 1/2lb & 9 1/2lb

1) I worked 50+ hrs a week with both until my due date:
#1-DD- 10 days late
#2-DS- 5 days late
induced with both

2) with #1 I ate fairly healthy aside from coffee that I could not kick, but I couldn't eat much as I always felt full. With #2 I ate constantly, anything and everything. I gained 26 lbs with #1 and 30 lbs with #2.

3) 1st and 2nd

4) #1 was 7 lbs 5 oz- 20.5 in long
#2 was 7 lbs 3 oz- 20.5 in long

I have to say labor and delivery of #1 was a nightmare compared to #2! 24 hrs of labor, 2 hrs of pushing, an episiotomy and 2 tears, and a forceps delivery- compared to 6 hrs of labor and 2 big pushes with no tears.

I'm now 22 weeks with #3 and a sahm, but have gained no weight (bmi is 21.5 I believe). I'm curious to see if I'll finally have a lo arrive without induction and how labor and delivery are since I'm not quite as active (still active but not working 50+ hrs a week).

Good luck to you!

1. Ds (#1): Walked everywhere, swam and went to the gym regularly. Refused to be stuck in the house past due date so always out and about. Ate well after 1st tri but lots of cheese (my craving). He was 11 days late, 45 hour labour, in theatre with foreceps, narrowly missed a csection, epidural and spinal block and episiotomy. He was 10lbs 14oz, very long but not sure of exact measurement.
2. DD (#2): No regular gym going but had a 2 year old, walked everywhere and did aqua natal once a week. Again, refused to be confined to the house past due date. Ate well, craved fruit and less chocolate. Labour was 11 hours approx, gas and air for the last hour and a bit only, she popped out in about 3 pushes taking everyone by surprise! She was 9lbs 3.5oz and also long. A lovely experience although I had some stitches.
Good luck, staying active definitely helps with your stamina for labour!

1) Not hugely active due to SPD but still went out and walked most places, was out and about the day before my due date. Labour started at 40 weeks, baby born at 40 +1

2) Not healthy at all

3) First

4) 8lbs 3oz and 19 inches

-----

1) Quite active with a toddler and having to do things, walked a lot, was in Tesco just a couple of hours before my labour started. Labour started at 39 + 3 and baby born at 39 + 4

2) Not incredibly healthy

3) Second

4) 7lbs 1oz and 20 inches

I'm curious and would like to take a layman's survey of sorts, if possible. I've read that being sufficiently active during pregnancy may have effects on due date in the sense that baby matures slightly faster. I'm 33-1/2 weeks with my first baby and have maintained an active lifestyle and moderately healthy diet throughout which I've noticed has made a huge difference in otherwise inevitable prego discomfort, which I am immensely grateful for. My question:

I'm sure it's all anecdotal, but it'll help kind of distract me from the antsiness of waiting for his arrival :) I know he'll arrive when he's ready, but it's fun to learn about!

I trained three times a week and walked the dog every day throughout my whole pregnancy... I did slow a bit as I got further on, but I still did it all.

1) she was born 3 days late

2) diet is/was pretty healthy, although I did indulge more than I usually would. Convinced myself I had cravings!

3) first baby

4) she was 8lbs and I'm not sure how long. Wish I knew :-(

X

I was pretty active. I worked up to the day before my due date with both, was still going for long walks up until the day they were born, swimming, running about after my DS during my 2nd pregnancy etc. DS cam at 42 weeks (induced), DD at 41 weeks.

Erm :blush: Not very! I craved sugary food wih both pregnancies.

First and second

1st: 9lb 15oz, can't remember length
2nd: 8lb, can't remember length

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"