Acupuncture anyone?

ANC

Reaction score
So I took the plunge and scheduled my first ever acupuncture appointment.

Me, the former terrified of needles (until I started living at the dr. and getting bloodwork).

I'm kinda nervous but also excited. I always feel sick from the metformin, provera/clomid cocktail, I've had a cold for a month...I feel like trying something good for my body and see what happens.

I'm going to someone a lot of friends have gone to and really liked. I'll be getting acupuncture and a footbath. She said she's helped quite a few people with infertility. She's fine with me being on other meds and other treatment, and my main goal is to just feel a little better/cleanse my system...we'll see

Anyone else ever used it?

So I took the plunge and scheduled my first ever acupuncture appointment.

Me, the former terrified of needles (until I started living at the dr. and getting bloodwork).

I'm kinda nervous but also excited. I always feel sick from the metformin, provera/clomid cocktail, I've had a cold for a month...I feel like trying something good for my body and see what happens.

I'm going to someone a lot of friends have gone to and really liked. I'll be getting acupuncture and a footbath. She said she's helped quite a few people with infertility. She's fine with me being on other meds and other treatment, and my main goal is to just feel a little better/cleanse my system...we'll see

Anyone else ever used it?

I do accupuncture and I LOVE it!!! I've been doing it for awhile, no BFP yet, but it does help with relaxation and hormones, plus I notice I sleep better when I have it!!! I HATE needles but actually Love the sensation I feel with accupuncture needles...doesn't hurt at all, I think it actually feels good...I can feel my blood flowing, especially when she hooks up the electrodes...I literally had blood flow into my cheek bones to the point you could see my skin turn light pink!! Let me know how you like it! good luck!

I did it for about six months... obviously it didn't help with my infertility but it was great for stress relief and my circulation improved a lot!

Oh and I agree with the previous poster - it doesn't hurt at all!

yay! I mean obviously I want it to get me pregnant, but I think what I'm hoping for from it is relaxation/feeling better. I get so run down on the meds I just want to feel a little more human

It isn't until next sat. unfortunately! But I'll let you know as soon as I go. I feel so sick from the meds right now, I'd love a pick me up

I did it too! Though walked into it unknowingly. Went to a TCM recommended by a friend without knowing it's an acupuncturist. I freaked out a bit 'cos I also have a high mental fear of needles. But since I'm there and I'm feeling desperate I just went ahead to try.

I wouldn't say it's as painless for me as for the others 'cos it did hurt a bit at times. I think it depends on how relaxed you're (I distract myself by playing with my ip games when he's adminstering the needles) and luck - if he hits some of the nerves then it can be painful. But generally it's much less scary and painful than I thought it'd be. I keep telling myself if it helps then it'd all be worth it. :baby:

My cycles are highly irregular and flow not "healthy" i.e. light and brown, don't ovulate regularly. After 2 sessions, my cycle became a "respectable" 33 days and flow much more normal. Sadly though it didn't seem to have helped with my clomid this cycle - follicles didn't grow as desired. But I'm still hopeful it'd help despite that since at the minimal it seems to be helping to regulate my cycle and surely that's a step in the positive direction right?

i have been doing accupuncture leading up to ivf and will continue throughout treatment i find it very relaxing and highly recommend it x

Sounds good! I'm on provera for my cycles so not sure if ill notice a change there, but so far clomid hasnt made me ovulate so maybe this will help. Even if it just makes me relaxed I'm ok with that.

My thyroid is messed up..I'm insulin resistant..have PCOS..no AF without meds...I'm sure I have plenty that can keep my acupuncturisnt busy!

I'm also getting a foot bath thing that's supposed to help..we'll see

Hey Girls,

I don't mean to bud in here.. but i wanted to add to this thread. I have been TTC for 15 months, so i'm sure probably not as long as some of you ladies but i am also starting acupuncture next week. I have heard some wonderful success stories. I had a friend who was TTC for 4 years and three months after starting acupuncture she fell pregnant. I know it's not a sure fix, but i think its definitely worth the try!! Good luck to you all!!

Psh, you aren't butting in! In fact, now I'm making you my acupuncture buddy. I'm also doing a footbath thingy. I've been trying a year, so not a ton of time either, but since i dont ovulate or have periods without meds, well, time is of the essance! haha. Even if it just relaxes me or makes me believe I feel better, it'll be worth it

what day is your appointment?

Hi ladies :flower: Hope you don't mind another person butting in :)

I have been doing electro acupuncture twice a week for about a month now and really love it. I find it has definitely helped my stress level and have had occasional twinges by my ovaries, which is more than I have had in a long, long time.
When I go back on Tuesday, my Dr is giving me a special concoction of Chinese herbs that he wants me to start taking. I really like my Dr - he is from China and has studied TCM and acupuncture since he was 16! Apparently most of his family did as well, so I feel as if I am in pretty good hands. He also works really closely with the fertility clinic that I will be going back to in June (unless a miracle happens and he can make my hormones work before I go back)

Glad there are a few of us doing acupuncture :thumbup:

I love accupuncture! haven't had an appointment in awhile! Think I'll make one!

I think it's all pretty interesting. I am like the most unlikely person to do stuff like acupuncture, natural remedies, herbs, etc. But honestly, after being on these meds that just make me so sick and them not working--then the fact that I always have a cold or sinus something--I just feel like my body needs a boost. It's amazing what months of being miserable can do for changing your mind about what you will and won't do medically!

needshelp--how soon did you notice any changes?

chefamy--interesting--you'll have to keep us updated on how things are going and if what you're on works.

I have PCOS so i'm curious to see if she's going to treat my insulin resistence or my cycles

I think it's all pretty interesting. I am like the most unlikely person to do stuff like acupuncture, natural remedies, herbs, etc. But honestly, after being on these meds that just make me so sick and them not working--then the fact that I always have a cold or sinus something--I just feel like my body needs a boost. It's amazing what months of being miserable can do for changing your mind about what you will and won't do medically!

needshelp--how soon did you notice any changes?

chefamy--interesting--you'll have to keep us updated on how things are going and if what you're on works.

I have PCOS so i'm curious to see if she's going to treat my insulin resistence or my cycles

I noticed after my first session stress relief! I just felt sooo peaceful when i was done, I truthfully wanted to come home and nap (but had to go back to work)...I went weekly for a month, and now just once a month...and I can tell in the three weeks I don't go, I start getting ansy. Maybe it's in my head, but to have a little bit of relaxation, I'll take it!!!

excellent! i would be very happy to be acupuncture buddies!
I start mine on Wednesday, sorta midway through my cycle so i'm not expecting to see results until next time around. I think they want me going 2x's a week- which will get pretty pricey but im going to try it for 2 months and see if it makes a difference.

I choose acupunture because i have a soft stomache and meds do not sit well with me. I do have a doc appointment on Friday to get some things going but I would like to take the most natural route possible- so i thought i'd give it a try

I also started taking some natural supplements about 2 months ago which have helped regulate my cycle, so im beggining to think that "medicine" is not necessarily better!

I really hope that this works for all us!!

ANC- when do you start going? or have you already?

I start this saturday. We'll have see how long i can afford.

I get pretty sick on the meds, but I'm still on them. I tried diet/supplements/working out and all that for months and months and no period. Not that I'm not still doing those, because I am, but unfortunately meds are the only thing bringing my period.

I still think if i can get my body happier and healthier everything will work out better.

I'm going about a day before my cycle should start with provera, so I guess I wont really know if acupuncture brings it on, but I'm going to be starting clomid a few days after--and clomid makes me CRAZY, so I hope this brings me some relief.

wow. i'm amazed so many of you find the acupuncture relaxing! i'm super stressed by the sessions due to my fear of needles. wish i can feel the same so can start to enjoy the sessions too...

i used to be terrified of needles too,but I have a thyroid problem and I have to get bloodwork so much, I'm starting to get over it. We'll see how I feel when I get there I guess

first appointment for me is tomorrow.. i'll let you all know how it goes.. i'm really excited!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->