Adoption, I want him back! Update pg 7 Happy Ending!!

Congratuations I'm glad you got your lo back he's absolutely gorgeous x

This thread made me a little teary eyed,I am so happy for you! Your son is absolutely beautiful, no wonder you instantly fell in love. Hope you will stick around on this site and give us updates!

This made me tear up. I do feel for your adoptive parents but it does sound as if you've made the right decision. He is absolutely stunning and I'm happy things have worked out for you! And your mom sounds lovely helping you out and whatnot. I really hope you'll be able to go on with your life and dreams with your beautiful son by your side.

I saw you around in Teen Parenting so looking forward to getting to know you! Congrats again! :hugs:

Just so you know, you have 19weeks to change your mind. Technically you have until they make the adoption order to change your mind, but that's not usually until a baby is 19weeks old. I would advise you to get some counselling, and to work with the social worker taking care of him. They'll let you see him if you want him back so that you can buil up a bond together

Oh sorry, didn't read the whole thread before I posted! Congratulations on your gorgeous boy!

Wow. This would not happen in the UK. Adoption is a major piece of family law and not reversible. Once a child is adopted its done, for life. You don't get a month to change your mind and the adoption social workers would be highly unlikely to just return a prospective adoptee to mum without huge parenting assessments.

Hope it works out for you and LO ((((hugs))))

Actually here they are not allowed to make an adoption order for at least 19 weeks. This is the time the parents get to choose whether to change their mind or not. And the parenting assessment is done if the child is removed, not if someone willingly gives their child up ...

My initial impression from reading first post was that the adoption had already happened.....hence my response. I see that was not the case.

Dear Lily
I notice that everyone here who answered you are mums themselves. I am the woman on the other side, so to speak. The infertile woman who after so many struggles and losses has begun the long adoption process and reading your story I feel so terrible for the people who have you son at this point. Of course he is your son. I believe he will have a good life with you as with them. I hope you will consider it carefully but at the same time fast because I think the longer the adoptive parents have him the more they will be attached to him and the greater they will feel the loss.
I wish you all the best and congratulation on the amazing gift of life
Amber

Congratulations hun, he's beautiful and you sound like a wonderful Mummy. I'm 21 so I'm young too, if you ever need anything PM me and I'll be here :)

xxx

Dear Lily
I notice that everyone here who answered you are mums themselves. I am the woman on the other side, so to speak. The infertile woman who after so many struggles and losses has begun the long adoption process and reading your story I feel so terrible for the people who have you son at this point. Of course he is your son. I believe he will have a good life with you as with them. I hope you will consider it carefully but at the same time fast because I think the longer the adoptive parents have him the more they will be attached to him and the greater they will feel the loss.
I wish you all the best and congratulation on the amazing gift of life
Amber

I dont think you've looked at the whole thread.. so i thought i'd just keep you in the loop:) she has already been and got her baby back, xx

So happy it worked out for you. Your story really made me cry - sis on you!

Your baby is so beautiful. I am so glad everything turned out so good for you. xxx It obviously was meant to be.

he is beautiful, and looks very happy to be with his mummy! Your mum sounds a great support and i hope everything works out for you in the future! xx

He's adorable. Congrats on getting him back. Sounds like you made the right decision. xx

I'm really pleased you got your son back i hope you have a fantastic life together x x

Aw, Shawn is so cute! I'm considering adoption and wandered over here from the TTC section.

You made the right decision. It seems like you will have all of the support you need, and I know you will be a great mom!

I will start by saying I am glad you have your son back.
However I think how this was handled was wrong. First of all I don't think your mother should have encouraged you to seek out a couple to adopt your baby, I think she should have told you to wait till after the baby was born to see how you felt. Adoption shouldn't be an easy out, which it seem to be while u were pregnant but soon changed once you had him.
Could you imagine the heartbreak those adoptive parents feel? They have struggled with infertility for 7yrs and were then given the chance to finally be parents. They would have been filled with love and excitement, told family and friends, had their nursery all set up. Finally the day arrives and they are given a precious little boy, my gosh that moment would have been the best day of their lives and what they thought was their first day as a family.
Then days later he is taken from them, my lord I couldn't imagine their pain, not only struggling with infertility but to be given a child only to have it taken from them days later.
During the pregnancy you would have been asked a heap of times if you were sure this is what you wanted and you would have reassured them that it was, and longing for a child so badly they believed you :(.

I am not blaming you, for starters I think your mum should have encouraged you to wait till he was born, secondly adoptive parents shouldn't be chosen till after the 30 days has past, this way it could have avoided all this pain and heartache this couple must be feeling.

Congratulations on getting Shawn back, he is adorable. My heart still aches for the couple though, to be at home with a nursery all decorated but empty must be horrible. JMO

This story made me tear up too - he's beautiful and I wish you all the best for the future.

Hopefully the other couple will have their baby soon too :hugs:

your story really bought tears to my eyes,congratulations on your beautiful little boy hun and all the best for the future to you both :hugs:

This thread has reduced me to tears.
I'm so happy for you that you got your baby back. I feel so bad for the adoptive parents, to have the baby whisked away from them like that when they thought their dreams had came true, but I'm sure they'll understand when the grief isn't so raw. I promise you you'd never have forgiven yourself if you hadn't gone back and got him. I'm sure you'll do a great job with your boy, especially as he's such a blessing to you now.
Good luck and congratulations, you made the toughest decision anyone could have to make and I'm so, so proud of you.
:hugs:

I will start by saying I am glad you have your son back.
However I think how this was handled was wrong. First of all I don't think your mother should have encouraged you to seek out a couple to adopt your baby, I think she should have told you to wait till after the baby was born to see how you felt. Adoption shouldn't be an easy out, which it seem to be while u were pregnant but soon changed once you had him.
Could you imagine the heartbreak those adoptive parents feel? They have struggled with infertility for 7yrs and were then given the chance to finally be parents. They would have been filled with love and excitement, told family and friends, had their nursery all set up. Finally the day arrives and they are given a precious little boy, my gosh that moment would have been the best day of their lives and what they thought was their first day as a family.
Then days later he is taken from them, my lord I couldn't imagine their pain, not only struggling with infertility but to be given a child only to have it taken from them days later.
During the pregnancy you would have been asked a heap of times if you were sure this is what you wanted and you would have reassured them that it was, and longing for a child so badly they believed you :(.

I am not blaming you, for starters I think your mum should have encouraged you to wait till he was born, secondly adoptive parents shouldn't be chosen till after the 30 days has past, this way it could have avoided all this pain and heartache this couple must be feeling.

Congratulations on getting Shawn back, he is adorable. My heart still aches for the couple though, to be at home with a nursery all decorated but empty must be horrible. JMO

I didn't realize he was with the adoptive parents and they were trying for 7 years. That's very sad for them. I can't imagine what they are going through, but I also couldn't imagine what the birth mother went through as she saw her son being taken away. I agree, nothing should have been planned before he was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->