Advanced or FAM?

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
Hi there! So I'm confused on my chart... It's got dotted crosshairs instead of solid...

If I put it on advanced it says I ovulated on CD 23 but if I change it to FAM it says I ovulated on CD 24?

What would you keep it on?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 5
I ended up going with advanced as it took into account other signs of fertility such as cm, opks (if using), and cp. FAM is based solely on having 3 consecutive bbt temps that are above the previous 6. Because I often had fall back rises on my chart (bbt would drop to coverline on 2-3 dpo for one day) FAM ended up not being accurate for me. It's a choice that's easier after a few cycles imo. I personally wanted ALL of my fertility signs to be taken into account so I went with advanced which was almost always right for me. FF has a nice explanation of all 3 methods they offer if you want to take a look at it...very helpful.

Oh okay... Yeah I usually don't chart my signs or symptoms or anything I just put in my temps so if I do that I should just leave it on FAM?

Oh I put in some fake temps up until next Friday and the crosshair is still dotted...

Wonder if it's because of thr missing temps I have?

Fam works well if your bbt is pretty consistent after O and never dips (and your don't plan on using any other fertility signs). I waited a few cycles before making up my mind. I also was using opks and that helped me to see when O was happening more accurately and decide on advanced. The good news is that your variance is only 1 day so I would ride this cycle out with either method and then see in retrospect which one was more accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->