Advice about scans (uk please)

Vicky_92

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Hello ladies hope you are all well. I'm not ready to enter this section yet.... Just don't feel it's real yet.

But need some advice please. A bit of background I have a beautiful 7 year old son, and got my mirena coil out last February. After months of trying, we got a BFP on the 16th of August and we were over the moon. Unfortunately I M/C on the 26th of August 😢 I went to the EPC and they scanned me and said they couldn't see anything, and my numbers were very low. Near a month later I got a BFP again on the 25th of September. AF hasn't came in between the new BFP and the last pregnancy. I haven't contacted the doctor yet but will tomorrow. I was just wondering has this happened to anyone else? Do you think I'll get a earlier scan because of the m/c or because I don't know my dates? I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up cos I'm terrified of it happening again.

Thank you.

To clarify your MC on the 25th was like a regular period? Only asking because I MC a couple of years ago, then got pregnant straight away with my now 18m old DD. That MC was like a bad period.

Id get a scan for piece of mind, and to clarify everything. Good luck!

You wont see much on a scan until after 6 weeks. For peace of mind see if you can get one for around 6/7 weeks.

Thanks ladies. It was really heavy with clots. Sorry tmi. That's brilliant to hear you have a 18 month old now :).

It depends on your dr whether they'll refer you for an early scan

Some won't even look into it unless you've miscarried 2/3 times

I had a miscarriage in the past and when I started bleeding at 5 weeks with this one I was basically told 'unlucky!' At my Drs

Luckily I'm now 18+3 and baby is doing fine

We paid for a private scan at 7+4

(Uk)

It depends on your dr whether they'll refer you for an early scan

Some won't even look into it unless you've miscarried 2/3 times

I had a miscarriage in the past and when I started bleeding at 5 weeks with this one I was basically told 'unlucky!' At my Drs

Luckily I'm now 18+3 and baby is doing fine

We paid for a private scan at 7+4

(Uk)

Thank you! I'm in Northern Ireland, was looking online there and I can get a private one too, have to be over 7 weeks and it's £99 I think I read. I'll probably end up paying. Don't even know how I'm going to wait that long tho lol thanks.

This has just happened to me! I started bleeding on July 16th miscarriage completed within a week and all bleeding subsided I have not had a period since and I got a bfp on the 6th of September so I rang Epac due to being in touch regarding previous miscarriage and they advised just to treat it as normal so o rang midwife for booking appt and told her I don't know my dates as I haven't had a period since my mc I received a letter Withjn a week of her visit and my dating scan is tomorrow :) so I'd say ring your community midwife and explain and get your booking down and she'll put on your notes you don't know due date as no af since mc my midwife wouldn't take my mc as a af as you could have ovulated days after. Good luck Hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->