advice about waking in the night

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Rhys has been waking in the night for ages but i can usually deal with it pretty well, a little pat on the back or a drink sends him right back off to sleep.but since saturday Rhys has been a NIGHTMARE! he has been waking up 4-5 times in the night screaming and screaming, i mean the real clenching his fists and kicking the bars of his cot. if i try to comfort him he pinches me or pushes me away. after about 5 min he exausts himself and he falls back to sleep again.

why is he doing this!? and what can i do to prevent it?

if it doesnt get any better i would maybe talk to your health visitor about it, see what they say?

How old is he? Could it be nightterrors? l

hes almost a year old.. we leave his door open with the landing light on and we've been bringing him into our bed but is still waking up screaming

could he be teething? Callum just recently went through this cos his back teeth were coming through

maybe... did callum scream and kick etc?? he seems really distrought!

yeah, he used to totally freak out! didnt let me comfort him at all

ah that would be it then!

bonjella to the rescue tonight i think!

i used medised :D was a godsend lol

i might buy some of that then.. bonjella teething gel just tastes nice i think!

medised is a medicine, makes them drowsy lol, i think ud be ok to use both tho mibbe ask pharmacist :D

hi terri,
it might be his teeth or night terrors, he seams a bit young to have them, but sometimes happen when a child has had a change in a every day routin, they might occur while a child is in deep sleep. They seem to wake up distressed, terrified and thrashing around - but in fact they're not awake. Instead they're trapped in some strange sleepy state.

Just do what you are doing, gently soothe your son back to sleep. Don't try to wake him or make him do something - this will only aggravate the situation. Instead, tuck him in, reassure him (he won't understand, but the sound of your voice may comfort him) and let him drift back into quiet sleep....

God bless the makers of Medised!:muaha:

gave rhys bonjella lastnight and yes it calmed him down... woke up this morning to 3 new teeth in his mouth!!!

bless my little soldier!

aww bless!!! no wonder he was unhappy

i couldnt believe it, 3!!! hes had his 2 front bottom ones for a while and his new teeth are on his top gums but theyre not his front ones... theyre off to the side. is this normal? i always thought they got their top and bottom front ones first?

callum had one bottom tooth for ages, then they just started appearing all over the place lol! he has back teeth which i nvr thot they got till nearer 2! all kids r diff i guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->