Advice about Water.......

jms895

Reaction score
Hi all

Wondered if anyone can advise please?

Caine is still BF through the night (prob twice) once in the morning and once in the afternoon and evening.

He is less interested now though and prefers formula/bottle and is having some cereal in a morning and fruit or veg for dinner. He has 3 x 6oz formula bottles a day.

I have tried him a couple of times with water and he hates it!!! I tried it in a bottle, he drinks then when he realises its not milk he cries.

I have not really given water much at all due to me BF and him not needing it but now the BF has decreased should I make him drink some water or not?

He is not condtipated, plenty of wet nappies and defo not dehydrated....

Should I try a sippy cup of water? Does he actually need it cos I still BF? I know he needs to get used to it though....

I also didnt really want to give juice until after 6 months.

Thanks
Jade xx

no idea hun - sorry.

Is it water straight from the fridge or room temp? I find abbie doesn't like it chilled :shrug: just a thought!

Also, if you find you want to start on juice, Hipp organic do a mineral water with a hint of apple juice. it's really NOT strongly flavoured, and you can dilute it down even more if required (i did that with Abbie at the start) She seems to love it.

I may try the juice am just not clued up on what to buy and when to give it and what to give it in etc? :dohh:

I am just used to BF thats all :lol:

I give him the water at room temp using sterile boiled water...... I can manage to get him to have an oz thats prob it...

hmmmm. maybe it's just he likes a bit of flavour! hehehe fussy monkey! :cloud9:

i give abbie hers in a sippy cup if that helps any. i thought it would differentiate between "food" when she's hungry (milk in a bottle) and "drink" when she's just thirsty (juice in sippy cup). know that's different for you with the BF though!

Good idea!!!

Add to list for weekend shop - Sippy cup and some flavoured water :D

Cant do any harm to give him water if still BF, it will get him used to it and good for his bowels :D

Ta Debz

If it's juice then in a sippy cup and only at meal times so he doesn't think to want it at other times. but I use plain water because every now and then Finn just likes to fling in everywhere and I wouldnt like it sticky. Maybe he would take water from a sippy because he doesnt associate it with milk like he does a bottle?

Thanks Bean , yeah I will try a sippy cup....

I assume you dont have to sterilise these just wash well and use boiled cooled water?

i sterilise still .. but I have a milton and its easy to bung them in... get one of the cheap tommee tippees, the valve ones are really hard to get anything out of. They sell the flip up tommee tipees in supermarkets for about £1.50 and I got one free off the HV too. about an oz of water sounds about right to me, they don't need that much.

i have to admit i rarely sterilise the cups :blush: did in the beginning but i got lazy....

Used a sippy today and he had a bit :D

He only had a few sips but its a start and he held it himself though the sippy is crap its the free tommee tippee one from the steriliser pack so need a new one. It leaks :(

don't you know that part of the fun is when it leaks?! :finger: it's a game you see - "shake it til it soaks mummy" non-leaky sippy cups are a silly idea! :winkwink:

Ha ha , but Caine was wet trhough earlier :rofl:

he'll soon learn to throw it over you instead of himself :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->