advice for a newbie

zenaharrison

Reaction score
:hi: Hi my name is zena,

i was just woundering if you lady could give me some advice on how to prepair my body ect. for ttc as this is all new to me as when i was ttc with my son it just happened really quick (within the first month), :o, and not sure what is the best things to do:blush:

Get as fit and healthy as you can, take folic acid and msybe some vitimans, and relax as much as you can :) Oh and if you're on the pill come off as soon as..?

From what i've gathered from others on here, the WTT list of things to do includes:

- Start taking folic acid
- Stop smoking/drinking so much if you do
- Take long term birth control out of your system like the implant or pill and switch to condoms/withdrawal/etc as soon as possible.

If you are going to do charting and stuff:
- Work out how many days your cycle is
- Work out when you ovulate so you know when it's best to DTD.

I'm sure other people can give you a better idea but that's the basic stuff. Hope it helps.

Like the others said try to eat healthily, exercise, start taking folic acid about 3 months before you start ttc (if you've time tbh i started taking it when i started ttc), try to stop smoking and drinking, even if your not charting its good to know what length your cycle is when i was ttc i had a 28 day cycle roughly and as i didn't take temp or use opk's i tried to BD from days 10-18ish. When you start ttc try to keep BDing fun, enjoy yourself but the best positions are where the man is deep inside you ie missionary or doggie style and where gravity helps the spermies you on top is not helpful for the spermies lol, also after DTD raise your pelvis ie bum on pillow or legs elevated against the wall for about 20 mins and if you both orgasm that is also supposed to help the spermies along their way. Hope this helps and good luck when you start ttc x

As others have said really,
Just wanted to say hi :hi:

hey hun, welcome! You can get a really good book, free of charge from the Tommy's charity - it gives you all the info you need to know to prepare your body

Have a look here : https://www.tommys.org/Page.aspx?pid=303 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"