Advice for best 3D&4D US Results?

MImom2be

Recent Mommy~6-13-13!
Reaction score
Good morning all, hope this finds you well!

I, myself, am running on no sleep (our car developed a HORRENDOUS exhaust leak and has made me very, very ill for the past couple of days, so I'm avoiding it like the plague, I promise! We're trying to trade it in today!)

Anyway, my husband and I have a scheduled (we paid for it) 3D & 4D Ultrasound appointment with Baby Envision of Rochester Hills, MI on Tuesday, April 30th (tomorrow).

While they didn't provide much information on how to get the clearest results possible, I did do some Google searches and found that many women were told to increase their fluid intake about a week or so before the appointment. Well, they rescheduled me last minute (I'd have been too far along for the 'best' pictures) so I only got about maybe 4-5 days of increased fluids.

Now, I'm a bigger girl...Technically (and I hate this word, mind you) Obese...:oops: so I KNOW they will NOT be as clear as say a fit woman, or certainly of a woman weighing less than I do...HOWEVER, with today's technologies, I would hope that even at my size, the pictures should still be at least FAIRLY clear...right? I hope??? :shrug:

Anyone have any suggestions/hints/tips/advice? A friend of mine had hers done at 24wks (she's bigger than I am, and truth be told, it was 5 years ago and you can hardly tell that it was a baby...) but she suggested drinking orange juice about an hour before the appointment and sipping some orange juice in the few minutes prior to the appointment to keep baby girl 'up and going' and moving for the scan.

Anyone else have anything to offer? Sorry, not trying to be pushy, but my appointment is in about 34 hours, so there isn't much LONG TERM stuff I can do, but with all of the drama with in-laws lately, I've been trying to survive this pregnancy without leaving much time for sleeping, eating or thinking about such an exciting thing (the appointment) that my husband set up for us months ago :cry:

Thanks everyone!

Orange juice (especially if it's cold) is good advice, as it eating something sweet before you go in.

Be careful what you wish for though - we had a 3D scan at 20 weeks (have another at 34 as we're part of a research trial) and baby was moving almost too much - she had really trouble getting a picture that wasn't blurry! If you're getting a video this won't be a problem but we just got stills and only a couple of them are any good. We don't mind though as we didn't pay for it - just hoping we get some better ones next time!

I'd recommend laying off caffiene and too much sugar, and instead just having a cold drink before. You don't want to get baby too hyper... I made that mistake and my pictures weren't great because babies wouldn't keep still!

I'm a big girly and other than issues with moving bubs, the quality was fine so I wouldn't worry about your size too much :)

There's really not anything you can do. It mainly comes down to baby's position. Mine have been face back most of the times they were going to try so couldn't get faces. Last week Baby A was face up but under my belly button with his brother's feet covering part so they didn't get great shots.

the tech told me to drink a sugary drink a half hour ahead of time. it didnt work, he was sleeping anyway! he did manage to wake up, but be prepared for a hand in front of the face etc, theyre so squished in there!:) my lo hit himeself in the face and had a real frown on, hense my avatar pic:)

Thanks for the responces, everyone! Hoping they turn out well, I'll be posting them tonight hopefully, after we get home :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->