Advice for TTC over 35 - OPK's

minkymoo

Reaction score
Hi All

Just wanted to let you all know my story. I'm 36 and 12 weeks with No1.

As I'm aware that I'm no spring chicken anymore in the fertility stakes, my partner and I decided to try the clearblue digital ovulation kits. Tres expensive I know but we had been trying for a few months (no time at all really, I know) but I was getting frustrated.

I used the sticks as stated on the pack and after 7 days (late ovulator obviously) I got the smiley face. It wasn't romantic but had to be done. Tested again next day and still smiley face. We made love everyday for the next 3 days (believe me that's rare, I'm too old to be at it all the time.....)and hey presto, 3 weeks later I got my positive. I couldn't beleive it. First time!

I would highly recomment this if you can afford it, if nothing else it will give you an idea of when you ovulate for the future.

Good luck to all you TTC's. Fingers crossed for you x x x

p.s. yes I did the headstands and everything too. Lunatic. lol

or you could just get a clearblue fertility monitor on Ebay - if you're not so lucky as to catch first month..... :)

I am new to this forum only been trying for 1 month , was looking to get these. thanks for the info ....Is it just the sticks ot the v expensive one that is about £100 ??

I am new to this forum only been trying for 1 month , was looking to get these. thanks for the info ....Is it just the sticks ot the v expensive one that is about £100 ??

Just the 7 stick pack, i think they were about £25 ish. Well worth it in my opinion and worked a treat.

It's quite funny when you get the smiley face.... "Come on fella, tonight is your night"

Thanks going to Boots tomorrow ! Period started on 29/7 so want to get on with it asap. cant believe it worked so fast thats scary ! But good scary. Im 38 and just want to get on with it !:thumbup:

Good lass! Make sure to get the digital ones!

It'll tell you when to start according to your cycle lenght (although I got over excited and started a day early!). Don't be disheartened if you get days and days of blank screen and get lots of nookie in for those few days with Mr Smiley! I made OH save himself (sorry, TMI)

FX'd for you. I will be waiting for your news.......:winkwink:

Thanks for sharing your story Minky!

Mystick, the CB Fertility Monitor is a one time buy and will last you a very long time, so I would recommend getting it. I know in the shops they could cost £100, but I got mine off Ebay - brand new, sealed and in the box - for £45. You can also get the sticks a lot cheaper off ebay. I got 40 sticks (enough for 4 cycles) for £28.

Just a thought as the CB fertility sticks are expensive and they run out... hopefully you will be first time lucky, but if not it might be worth the investment in the CBFM!

Good luck! x

Firstly...a huge congratulations to you..how exciting.

I was so heartened to read your posting. I am 35 and have been TTC for 9 months. Today I am CD13 and have used the CB digital stick for the past 3 days (first time using CB). Its disappointing to keep getting the big fat'O' and I was getting worried that I'm not even ovulating. Fingers crossed I get the smiley face tomorrow!!

Wishing you all the best
xx

Firstly...a huge congratulations to you..how exciting.

I was so heartened to read your posting. I am 35 and have been TTC for 9 months. Today I am CD13 and have used the CB digital stick for the past 3 days (first time using CB). Its disappointing to keep getting the big fat'O' and I was getting worried that I'm not even ovulating. Fingers crossed I get the smiley face tomorrow!!

Wishing you all the best
xx

You will, you will! iI felt the same and I got mine on day 18/19, I think, it seems so long ago now! I know I had to go out for a second pack as the last one was faulty.

Only thing I will advise is that you do it at the same time everyday and don't pee for as long as you can beforehand.

FX'd for you. Let me know when you get it!

:flower:

Hi -Further to my post before , I stopped the pill on the 19.06 had a bleed or period not sure on the 30.06 then bleed again on the 29.07 so as i have only come off the pill Im not sure if either was a proper period. It finished on the 1.08 but since then I have felt very bloated . Im still going to do the ov thing but was wondering if there was the chance that i am pregnanat considering the fact that ive had a bleed from the 29.07 and on the 25.07I did a test which was negative .

Help anyone ??

Sounds like you've had a post-pill bleed and then a proper period in July . I would guess that you are on a 28 day cycle if you are going to test this month.

They do say to give it a couple of months after the pill to regulate. I'd been off for 5 months when I tried but was regular from the get go.

x

Congrats minkymoo :) Does it matter what time of day you do it? I'm gonna start this cycle.

Hi Missy

I'm sure it said anytime of the day was fine so long as it was the same time each day.

Might sound crackers but I decided to do mine when I got in from work each day, that way I made sure I could 'do the deed' as soon as possible as I worried that the window of opportunity was so small.

I Figured if I did it first thing in the morning and got a negative but actually ovulated at 11am that day, I wouldn't know until I tested again 9 am the next day and might not see OH until 7/8 that evening, therefore 36 hours or so passing. Does that make sense? Probably daft but that was my logic. I also did it this way because we were, sorry TMI, saving it up that month especially.

I'm sure I was panciking but it worked for me.

Good luck to you!!

x

That sounds sensible to me. I was thinking when I get home from work too. It's so manic in the mornings that I might not get the chance. I'll start tomorrow evening I think cos my cycles aren't completely regular, probably due to breastfeeding. I just want to make sure I'm ov'ing initially because some people don't when breastfeeding apparently but as I'm having regular-ish AF I hope that means I am :)

Good luck! Let me know when you see smiley x

Hey there Minky moo and all others ... I GOT MY FIRST SMILEY FACE THIS MORNING..............cant beleive it so happy LOL already done some BD ..... never thought I would get that so soon ... so heres to a BFP v v soon ........... Thanks for your advice Minkymoo was a guess based on cycle days but thats£22 well spent .................

Hey there Minky moo and all others ... I GOT MY FIRST SMILEY FACE THIS MORNING..............cant beleive it so happy LOL already done some BD ..... never thought I would get that so soon ... so heres to a BFP v v soon ........... Thanks for your advice Minkymoo was a guess based on cycle days but thats£22 well spent .................

Yay!! :happydance:

Daft how excited you get isn't it? Make sure you get plenty of BD in over the next couple of days, get your legs in the air and FX'd for the next 2/3 weeks.

I hope you get your BFP this time xxx :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->