Advice needed;prego+sex TMI

Lilbynon

2DD w/ baby to come
Reaction score
hey gals, i have an embaressing question.
k to start with i keep spoting after sex, and i am worried that maybe it isn't safe. We have only had sex 3 times since i got preg, and everytime the bleeding gets worse. My poor dh! He blams himself, but he is BIG (or at least i think he is, 10 inches is a lil above adverage right? i have never had sex with anyone else so not sure) he is always soft, never rough. So my question is should we stop BDing? should i call my ob? or wait till my appointment?:shrug:

Thanks in advance to anyone who replys! I know its a wierd subject, but i honesty dont have anyone else to ask, and it really does worry me.:nope:

I've read that spotting is very common after sex.. I haven't had it personally though, probably because my OH is nowhere near as well-endowed as yours is hahaha! Didn't want to read and run!

If your partner is well endowed, he might be hitting against your cervix. changes during pregnancy make your cervix softer and more likely to bleed. If that is happening, it isn't harmful for the baby as the bleeding is from outside, not inside your uterus.
Stick to shallow penetration positions and ensure he takes it easy. If it is really worrying you perhaps stick to other enjoyable activities (touching, oral) for a week or two.
I had a bit of spotting after sex in the early weeks but now I don't get it at all.

Since you say it is getting worse though, perhaps lay off the penetration for a while and bring up the topic at your next appointment.

My Midwife has put me on pelvic rest i.e no sex during the first trimester. It's basically because they don't want to irritate the cervix, which might lead to more spotting or complications. I have a history of MC's so there is a greater concern in my case, but it could be nothing more than you are a bit sensitive at the moment, so don't worry.

I would contact your doctor or midwife and ask them for their opinion, but I would lay off sex for a while just to be safe. x

My hubby is very.. large.. as well, although I dont bleed, since i got pregnant it hurts most of the time.. if i was bleeding i would stop and wait to see what my doctor says, just to be safe..

Thanks your 4 for not r+r:happy:, which happened alot.......... i will talk to DH about what i decided, you guys were very helpful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->