• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Advice needed.

Mummypea

Reaction score
I'm from the first trimester board, but I am looking for anyone's personal experiences. I had an early scan today I'm 5+2. I'm pregnant with twins, both sacs measuring right for dates and both have yolk sacs present. But I was told they have both implanted very low and close to my cervix and I will most likely miscarry. The other possibility is they have implanted in my Caesarean section scar. I have to go back for a scan in 1 week.

Does anyone have any experience on this please? Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

K. X

I'm from the first trimester board, but I am looking for anyone's personal experiences. I had an early scan today I'm 5+2. I'm pregnant with twins, both sacs measuring right for dates and both have yolk sacs present. But I was told they have both implanted very low and close to my cervix and I will most likely miscarry. The other possibility is they have implanted in my Caesarean section scar. I have to go back for a scan in 1 week.

Does anyone have any experience on this please? Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

K. X

I dont see how they can say that you will probably miscarry because they implanted low. It doesn't matter where they implanted, they implanted. The most important thing is that you are measuring right on track. Obviously you will need follow up scans and its still early. One thing I would tell you is to take extra folic acid. Its pretty important with any pregnancy especially twins. I miscarried one set and they put me on 800mcg pills taking 3 a day and I had my twin boys, now I still take extra now.
Easier said then done but try to relax.

K. X

I dont see how they can say that you will probably miscarry because they implanted low. It doesn't matter where they implanted, they implanted. The most important thing is that you are measuring right on track. Obviously you will need follow up scans and its still early. One thing I would tell you is to take extra folic acid. Its pretty important with any pregnancy especially twins. I miscarried one set and they put me on 800mcg pills taking 3 a day and I had my twin boys, now I still take extra now.
Easier said then done but try to relax.

Thank you for the reply. I've been googling like a mad woman and in general it does say I'm at high risk of a miscarriage. From the print off it says they're above my cervix, so it's good they're not in it. But I had an early scan because of a red bleed on Boxing Day, which slowed down quite quick and turned into spotting and was gone less than 24 hours later. And I keep getting sharp pains in both my ovaries that come and go. I have lower back pain now too but no spotting still. Just praying for a miracle right now. X

This is where they've implanted. Forgot to say thank you for the folic acid advice too, I didn't think about that. X

Attachments

• IMG_3257.jpg
    IMG_3257.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 18
With my twins I had EVERY different kind of bleeding. Bright red, dark red, clots, and even tissue looking. Crazy that the positioning would increase the chance. I have been through every bit of infertility and am in the medical field as well and still doesnt sound right to me, but who knows. And your welcome on the folic acid. Every pregnant woman should taken them regardless of twins or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->