Advice - Night Weaning a 2 yo

Twag

Mummy to Elliot & Izzy <3
Reaction score
I need some advice/help in night weaning my 2 year old daughter

We have day weaned recently at that went smoothly but I do not foresee night weaning being so easy :wacko:

I have got to the point where I just cannot do it anymore I am exhausted and just having serious aversion to it :(

I want my memories of feeding my last baby to be positive so I need to stop now before it isn't :cry:

Any tips greatly received

Thank you :flower:

I'm with you. Dd is also 2 and needs weaning. She currently feeds at naps and at night time. She sometimes will have a couple feeds in the am but mostly unless we are laying down she doesn't even ask. I don't even know where to start but good luck

Thanks good luck to you also :flower:

You could try the delay tactic and/or the time limit tactic. So when she makes clear she wants a feed, you could say OK but in a minute, let me go for a wee first/get a glass of water/sort out the cushions - whatever delay tactic you can think of. This lets her recognise that nothing bad happens when she doesn't get her feed, the world is still a safe place. The time limit method is basically what it says - you set a limit. So that might be Yes you can have a feed, but only one side, or Yes you can have a feed but just two minutes. As time goes on and LO gets more comfortable with the delay/time limit you extend the time before she has the feed and/or shorten the feed time. How quickly you progress depends on the reaction of your child.

We read the book "Sally weans from night nursing" over and over and over. That combined with a modified version of Jay Gordon's gentle night weaning method did the trick and it was so much easier than I would have thought it would be. Granted, I did it over many months versus a few days so that might have been why it was so easy for us, but still. Especially at your daughters age, I would think the book would be incredibly helpful.

I fed my daughter only right before bed, and when she would wake up in the middle of the night I only rocked her. When she asked or tried to get under my shirt I&#8217;d say not right now, it&#8217;s bed time. There were tears, but I shooshed her and she went back to sleep. With one of my other daughters, I let her cry herself back to sleep. Unplugged the monitor and put in some ear plugs. Took a few nights but it weaned her pretty quick.

So update night weaning is gradually working - she woke twice in the night for a feed the other times she was happy just holding the boob :wacko: not ideal but progress - now to try and get her to sleep in her own bed :wacko: she starts off the night in her bed but then comes into ours

My issue now is my boobs being sore & full :wacko: do they just know to stop producing so much??

give it a few days. You will adjust pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->