Advice on co-codamol....

NikkiM

Pregnant 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hi ladies:D

Can anyone advise me on co-codamol?
I slipped a disc in my back on saturday morning (I was only making the bed):hissy:
Anyhow.. I could not walk sit.. anything!
so in the end i went to a+e.. they were lovley (even scanned me to see if bubbs was ok):happydance:
They gave me co-codamol and told me it was safe in the recomended dose.
I would rather not take any painkillers but find it hard to even sit on the loo without:blush:!!

so is anyne taking co-codamol? :hugs:

I was given co-codamol by the doc 4 weeks ago for a sore back and he told me not to take them nearer my due date as it can affect babies breathing as it passes through to him...You'll be fine taking them at 20 weeks x

Me and i have been doing since about week 8! I have scoliosis so was taking it regularly before i got my BFP but stopped as soon as i found out i was pg. I was just in so much pain, when i went to GP he said co codamol is ok to take during pregnancy and as i now have SPD i defo need to take it. They will only give it to you if the pros to mum well outweigh the cons to baby (none proven). I try to take it only when i really need it -this is getting more often now though. Hope this puts your mind at ease x x x

I've also been taking co codamol for a foot problem and been assured it's safe in 2nd tri. The main analgesia to stay away from for us lot is Ibuprofen / nurofen, Only thing to keep in mind when taking codeine (sorry if TMI) is that it can constipate you quite badly :oops:

hun i take co-codamol for amout 6 months and i didn't have any problems with it. You are pregnant so i think that they wouldn't prescribe that to you if they didn't think it was safe. They help me with my back pain and they are lovelly... better that normal painkillers.

Only thing to keep in mind when taking codeine (sorry if TMI) is that it can constipate you quite badly :oops:

:rofl::rofl:

How true!!! Co codamol goes hand in hand with Lactulose i'm afraid!!! :rofl::rofl:

I've also been taking co codamol for a foot problem and been assured it's safe in 2nd tri. The main analgesia to stay away from for us lot is Ibuprofen / nurofen, Only thing to keep in mind when taking codeine (sorry if TMI) is that it can constipate you quite badly :oops:

i think it depends on the person... To me it doesn't do anything. Only takes the pain away.

*by the way my problem is that i've got a boldge on my spine.

Aww thanks lovlies:hugs:
I feel better now :)

I have had no constipation as of yet:blush:! Hope I dont either ahhh!!

:hug:

if docs have advised you its ok then its ok :) I have come off my co codemal and diclofenac etc on advice of my midwife but I am gonna start needing to back on something soon as my M.E, arthritis and B.J.H.S is starting to really really affect me. I will speak to the midwife about it on the 13th (if i can last that long) about getting something sorted

:hugs:

if docs have advised you its ok then its ok :) I have come off my co codemal and diclofenac etc on advice of my midwife but I am gonna start needing to back on something soon as my M.E, arthritis and B.J.H.S is starting to really really affect me. I will speak to the midwife about it on the 13th (if i can last that long) about getting something sorted

:hugs:

Oh gosh i hope you get something sorted :hugs::hugs::hugs: x x x

Ooh poor you managing without painkillers for all those:hugs: :hugs:. Hope you get sorted soon eh. Feel like a wimp now...

I agree cocodamol is a godsend - My doc has given me 30/500mg for sciatica,also a bottle of laculose was prescribed like Armywife said lol .
Aslong as you just take them as prescribed ,as/when needed you should be fine hun x

With a back injury it's important to be mobile without pain so that your back 'learns that it is ok to make movements'. They will help your back repair itself quicker. I'm on just 8/500mg as anything higher makes me really spaced out! Even at that low does I spend an hour just staring at stuff.

Thanks for telling me about the constipation, I am a bit constipated and haven't been since the first weeks. So that explains it. Will need to munch my sweet corn and a jar of beetroot :rofl:

I took this in my first pregnancy, all was ok.

I hope you feel better soon hun :( :hug: x

I've been taking co-codamol for my back too. Messes with my insides a bit though!! x

i have just found out im about 6 weeks pregnant and have been taking amitriptyline 10-20mg and cocodomal 30/500 4 to 6 a day and r now extremly worried that ive harmed my baby has anyone got any advice or been on these during pregnancy

snoopnash - I was taking the same.
Don't worry, just have a chat with your doc x

I took co-codamol through my pregnancy, doctors said it was safe aslong as i stuck to the recommend dose

thankyou guys iam seeing my gp on tues to let her know im pregnant and get the ball rolling with care - scans etc. still abit worried but your replys av helped put me at ease a little

thanks again xx

Hiya hun , I'm also on cocodamol . I was originally given it for a foot problem with voltarol but due to the high dose i was then given a safer lower dose which is fine during pregnancy. So whatever they have given you will be safe hun :) xx

My 1st dose was 30/500 but then he lowered it straight away saying that dose is far to high during pregnancy, now the safer dose i take is 8/500 if i remember rightly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->