advice on glucose tolerance test needed..... pleeeeease!

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just got back from an awful morning at the hospital... had lots of problems leading up to this but thats another story anyway....

had to have glucose tolerance test after my glucose load test was very high. drank the horrid liquid and felt so ill afterwards theu had to find me a room to lie down it. anyway... tests were ok but since I got home I've had really bad nose bleeds and an awful headache.

has anyone else had this test and had side effects or could be it be something else entirely???

I would call the doctor or your midwife and make them aware of the situation hunny - just to be sure x

I had the test and just before they took my blood I felt like I was going to pass out or be sick, but I didn´t and wasn´t.

However, I would call your doctor or midwife, I don´t think you should feel that bad from the test. Good luck x

doesnt sound like something you can get from the test - it is just sugar after all and if yu do react to sugar that bad, you would know about it already. Call doc, something must be up! dont leave it too long either.

Hope you are ok.

I agree with the others--I felt horrible right after the test but once I'd eaten I was pretty much back to normal. I'd go ahead and give your doctor a call :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->