Advice on how to choose a formula?

I'm down to 3 pumps a day now just for the sake of my sanity - 7 am 3 pm and 11 pm. Although I started what I think may have been my period (not really sure - it was super light with no cramping at all and no face breakouts - but I was STARVING and there was bright red blood) last week and since then I feel like my supply is slowly diminishing. So that being said I think I'm going to start weaning off the pump completely. DD will be 2 mos tomorrow and I do have a lot frozen so I'm ok with this!!!

Disney!!!! I feel like I abandoned the other thread but it's just too crazy to catch up right now.. I'll try later!
She likes the Similac Soy. I haven't tried Enfamil Prosobee so I have no comparison yet.. I just wish it came in those little ready to use bottles... I've only found it in a big bottle and that has to be used in like 3 days... Which isn't happening yet !
I had a super stubborn clog too!!! So painful.. I just massaged the heck out of it while pumping and also sat in a hot bath while massaging it.. Eventually it did let go - but ouch!!!! No fun.

Totally understandable! Between pumping, feeding, and washing all the parts, it feels like that's all I ever have time to do. :wacko: I don't even feel like we can go anywhere because I always have to pump.

We picked the Enfamil one because the bottles are smaller. We buy it on Amazon because it's cheaper than Babies R Us.
Oh and I keep my pump parts in the fridge - wash and sterilize them only once a day!!!! Super time saver :hugs:

I'm down to 3 pumps a day now just for the sake of my sanity - 7 am 3 pm and 11 pm. Although I started what I think may have been my period (not really sure - it was super light with no cramping at all and no face breakouts - but I was STARVING and there was bright red blood) last week and since then I feel like my supply is slowly diminishing. So that being said I think I'm going to start weaning off the pump completely. DD will be 2 mos tomorrow and I do have a lot frozen so I'm ok with this!!!

3 pumps a day -- I'd be on :cloud9: if I could do that. I get super uncomfortable if I go over 3 hours without pumping. I'm not sure why as I don't get a lot of output (maybe 2-ish oz total). That's great that you were able to build up a freezer stash of some sort. Everything I pump goes towards the next feeding. She's getting a 2:1 ratio of breast milk to formula (give or take). I've read that your supply can drop during your period but will go backup afterwards, though I'm not sure if that only counts at 3+ months when your supply is fairly established. I had a big delayed postpartum hemorrhage (required a return hospital stay, blood transfusions, and D&C :dohh:); I have no idea when my period will return. It's nice to finally have a break from the bleeding, so I'll enjoy the break while it lasts.

Disney!!!! I feel like I abandoned the other thread but it's just too crazy to catch up right now.. I'll try later!
She likes the Similac Soy. I haven't tried Enfamil Prosobee so I have no comparison yet.. I just wish it came in those little ready to use bottles... I've only found it in a big bottle and that has to be used in like 3 days... Which isn't happening yet !
I had a super stubborn clog too!!! So painful.. I just massaged the heck out of it while pumping and also sat in a hot bath while massaging it.. Eventually it did let go - but ouch!!!! No fun.

Totally understandable! Between pumping, feeding, and washing all the parts, it feels like that's all I ever have time to do. :wacko: I don't even feel like we can go anywhere because I always have to pump.

We picked the Enfamil one because the bottles are smaller. We buy it on Amazon because it's cheaper than Babies R Us.
Oh and I keep my pump parts in the fridge - wash and sterilize them only once a day!!!! Super time saver :hugs:

I've been considering that but haven't done it yet. Do you let the parts warm back up at all before you use them again?

We'll see how long I'm able to tolerate the pumping. I'm currently doing 8-10 times per day for at least 20 minutes each time. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->