Advice on how to tell your parents??

briashayy

On baby #2!!
Reaction score
I'm 22 and the sig other is 25, and we just OFFICIALLY found out I'm pregnant with #1 today! While I couldn't be more excited, I'm not completely sure my parents will feel the same. They love children and love the sig other, but I'm also their little girl and the youngest of the children, making it sliiiiiiightly more difficult for me! I was just wondering how some of you had informed your family on your pregnancies, that way I get some ideas :)

In person is best and if not then on the phone . don't email or text it whatever you do.

I'm sure they will be happy for you good luck and congrats !

We gave my dad a picture frame that had a pic of the US and said "Baby Last Name" on the mat above the pic and our due date under it. We wrapped it up and gave it to him as a present. He loved it as did his wife; it will make a nice keepsake as well. I wanted a frame that would also let us record baby's heartbeat but couldn't find one I liked.

I bought a really pretty note card and wrote inside....You are going to be grandparents! Baby B is due 1st Dec 2013.
I handed it to my dad to open and he just turned to my mum and said 'You were right!'

Im 27 and was nervous to tell. I knew mum would be fine but I was worried about my dads reaction as we are not married and I had recently been declared bankrupt, I thought he would be angry about my financial situation. (Debt was mine only from being a tit when I was 18! OH owns the house etc)
But he was actually thrilled.

Basically I dont think you should worry. You are an adult.

Hi, hon! I'm a bit older than you (28), but also the youngest and have somewhat helicopter parents. (Not to mention I got divorced a year ago and my whole family wants me to be out there doing the single thing, so they've been pretty hard on my SO.)

I'm going to tell them next week when I visit. For my mom, I made a personalized storybook and am putting a copy of the sonogram in the back. (Used this site: https://www.lovebookonline.com/) I'm doing everything I can to make it happy and sweet, so she has less of an opportunity to give us grief.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->