Advice on reusables whilst in hospital?

Bee26

Mummy to Charlie bear!
Reaction score
Hi Girls...

Just wondered if anyone could advise me....Im going to be using a mixture of tots bots and bambino mios to start with and see how I get on but because of health complications it looks like I might have to stay in hosp for a couple of days after delivery (if all goes to plan anyway!). Now, because of hosp facilities etc Im thinking that I should buy some disposables for those couple of days and start using my reuseables when I get home? Anyone manage to use reusables during hosp stay or have i got the right idea by buying some disposables? Thanks xx

I'm planning on having some disposables anyway as standby, mainly in case I don't have enough reusables to start off with. I figured what I don't use I can give to someone who will.

I don't know what hospital protocol is. I can't see why they wouldn't want you to have reusables - what about storage? Would your OH be able to take them home each night?

i think so long as your OH could take dirty nappies home then it wouldnt be a problem chick

Personally I took disposibles into hospital with me, and ended up being up in hospital for 4 days after C-Section, but on hind sight I could have easily took reusables in and given them to OH each night to take home and wash.

Hello honey!!

I came home Saturday eve after what you know was a particularly difficult time and I am soooo pleased I took 'Natures Babycare' disposibles. I am pleased I took them, as it was just easier at the time and I am still using them at the moment as George is still passing meconium and I don't want to stain my re-usuables xxxx

We def couldn't have used our reuseables as we were in hospital for 2 weeks and Shaun was with me for 13 hours a day - i could never have expected him to be doing everything at home aswell as washing stinky nappies lol x

I am hoping not to be in hospital too long but am taking disposables with me to the hospital and 1 or 2 of my tots bots with me so he can come home in the right ones. I have read things about nice towels getting stolen in the hospital wash so would not be keen on risking my expensive nappies going missing. Maybe ask your midwife about using them in the hospital?

I'd take some disposables with you to the hospital - just for those first few days. I'm not sure how "domestic" your OH is but I don't think mine would know how to get sticky meconium off nappies (and he's quite apt at washing!) I'm hoping to use cloth from very early on with my next baby but will still wait until the meconium has all passed through - I wouldn't want that on my beautiful cloth nappies!

our hospital doesn't allow reusables, but encourages you to bring eco disposables. To be honest, there are so many accidents in the early days its good to have some emergency ones on hand!! I did find the baby care ones really big though. Or maybe finn was really tiny.

I will be using disposables for the time we are in hospital and possibly until we are settled into a routine at home (so maybe another few days after we get home).

I can see it could work to use reusables in the hospital, though. :)

Yea in that case you mgith be better getting some eco disposables. Them first meconium poos are pretty nasty and cloth would need to be sorted quickly as not to ruin them. In your antenatal class though they might talk about cloth nappies and hospital policies on them/ give you an oppurtunity to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->