Advice on telling family

kiwi

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Was interested to hear anyones experiences/thoughts on this...
My younger sister lives in New Zealand (I am in the UK) and she just gave birth to her first baby on wednesday last week. I have not yet told my family that I am pregnant as I wanted to wait until after my sisters baby had been born and didnt want to take any attention away from her (we are kind of competitive, but in a good way)
The planwas she would have her baby, and then about 2 weeks later I would have my 12 week scan and then be able to tell my family, however my sisters baby was 12 days late, and now everything has happened all at the same time.

My question is, how long do you think is a good length of time before I tell my family? Sorry for the lengthy "drama". My OH thinks I shouldnt worry too much, but equally I dont want to upset my sister or take away from her new arrival.

Hmmmm..... toughie! Maybe a week? Are your family here or in NZ?

Hmmmm..... toughie! Maybe a week? Are your family here or in NZ?

thanks CocoaOne - family are all in NZ/Australia. (Unfotunately for me, but little do they know they may be planning a holiday to the UK in 6 months time....)

Have you thought of calling your sister and telling her and saying i dont want to tell everyone yet as you have just had baby ectect and see what she says :)

Have you thought of calling your sister and telling her and saying i dont want to tell everyone yet as you have just had baby ectect and see what she says :)

I like that idea, or at worst wait a week or two if the families will be visiting the new baby. That way your news is all yours and not shared. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->