Advice on temping

xcharx

Reaction score
Hi ladies :)
me & OH are waiting til January to start ttc but my periods are a mess at the mo (last depo was due aug 2012 but never had it) so i want to start temping to see what's going on with my body.
AF came yday, 3 weeks after 3 days of a brown light period!
i forgot to temp this morning, will this make a difference?
do you have to temp at the exact same time every morning? If im working earlies i will be up 2 hours earlier than normal.
also my daughter keeps waking up during the night so i have to get up & put her back to bed, will this effect my temps?

I think its supposed to be same but I don't, there's no way I'm waking up at 6:30 on my day off lol. Plus I generally wake up a few times in the night so I'm very lucky if I get the three hours before temping asleep.

I think it wud be too much pressure and intense if I forced myself to wake up just to temp xx

I am starting to temp this month as well. I missed thirst couple of days of my cycle but I am hoping it still works out. I am using fertility friend. I am excited to see how my chart works and getting to know the signs of ovulation so I can be better prepared for TTC! My hubbie has been notified which days he needs to be ready! :)

I missed it today, was awake only an hour or so before I properly woke up and slowly woke up so didn't see the point. Plus I think my thermometers battery is dying and I have had the same temp 3 out of 5 days. Better to just get s New one I think.

I'm not telling my oh when I'm most fertile because I believe theres something psychological for men knowing the woman is super fertile. He has agreed to TTC so he knows its going to happen at some point, might as well not make it a scientific event for us both xx

Thank you for the advice ladies :flower:
i forgot to temp! Well i didn't forget.. I forgot to take the thermometer up to bed & OH friends were downstairs & so was my dressing gown lol so i didn't bother
i don't think ill tell OH when i O (if i actually am) but then again hell find it strange if i pounce on him because its always him pouncing on me :haha:

Just tell him ur getting into the TTC spirit lol. I always mention sex then he wants it lol and I go ooo go on then lol. Plant the seed and watch it grow lol xx

:haha: if i give him this certain smile, he then smiles & its onnnn ;) lol!! Men are too easy!!

I have a question about tempting too...

This is my first cycle tempting...and I have been pretty good about it... taking it at 5:30ish each morning...

I got a positive OPK on Friday so this weekend was crucial to see where my temp would go...........but we fell asleep on the couch last night and I woke up it was 6 am and I didn't have my thermometer... so i kind of slowly walked up the stairs and laid down and took my temp... will it be accurate?? haha

I don't think it wud be because even just siting up in bed can cause it to be off. I think. I wud probably exclude it. If I got a pos opk Friday I wud say u ovulated Saturday so see what ur temps are like tomorrow and Tuesday.

Xx

Ttc ive got an image of my head of a woman slowly walking up the stairs now :haha: its like slow mo & the woman is barely awake lol

I find that a few minutes doesn't make a difference to my BBT. It's only once I am properly up for the day and have eaten some food that it changes significantly.

haha too funny

I am curious to see what my temp is tomorrow morning now!

It'd be ideally if you temp after waking up, without even getting up. But if you miss one temp, or one temp will be inaccurate, it won't change that much. Try ovufriend.com, very helpful when you temp :)

thanks ive just signed up to them :)

We should buddy up Char! My daughter was born on the 20/07/2011!! (One month apart!) I was on the depo also and we are ttc in jan! :)

We should buddy up Char! My daughter was born on the 20/07/2011!! (One month apart!) I was on the depo also and we are ttc in jan! :)

sent you a friend request:flower:

I find that even if I take my temp off an hour or two it's still enough for me to see what is going on with my chart. I love temping, I find it addictive! It's so cool to be able to predict what's happening in your body.

I find that even if I take my temp off an hour or two it's still enough for me to see what is going on with my chart. I love temping, I find it addictive! It's so cool to be able to predict what's happening in your body.

I'm the same! Teping is great!

I'm the same! Teping is great!

I actually feel like I will miss temping if I ever get my BFP. haha

I am the same... i temp anytime between like 3:00am-5:00am and i can pretty much always still see what is going on with my body. I have a toddler who may or may not wake up at night and make a noise, so that sometimes wakes me too. Sometimes if i glance at the clock even earlier (2am) i will temp and then i will temp again a little later and usually the temps are very close. As long as you can see a clear shift then you are okay :)

I;m also addicted, LOL, i like knowings whats going on!

I am one of those that will have massive fluctuation if I had disturbed sleep, so I will make sure to be up for an hour in bed, and then I can get a number that seems to fall in the pattern of my chart. I usually write both to give myself peace-of-mind, but it doesn't always work that way haha

However, I love taking my temperature. I seem to go all in on these fertility things. I love taking my prenatal, my dha, and more. I really enjoy taking it, even if the temperature is 100% accurate because I have a 2yo that may or may not wake me up!!

As far as temping at the same time, I think each person is different. You will get the easiest patterns if you wake up, temp, and do that roughly at the same time. However, if you even stand up or sit up, you might find your temperature is inaccurate. It is a very delicate process. For some people, the morning is just not going to work because they wake at way too different of times, have sleep interrupted by LOs, etc. You can try (and I have seen this be successful for people) temping around 10 each night. You must be in your bed, relaxing for 30min-1hr prior to temping. I have found that a person will get similar reads as their morning. If they are a little off, they are ALL a little off, and you can still find your patterns.

I hope this helps !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->