Advice on when to try again/conflicting plans?

italianlady14

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

So, my husband and I tried for a few months and blighted ovum m/c a week or so ago. Now, I don't think I'll be emotionally ready to try for a month or two at least. However, in addition to that, I have a trip to Spain planned for work the second week in July. Based on my math, if we started trying mid december, I would be 30 weeks pregnant (if I got lucky enough to get pregnant the first try and bring the baby to term). I mentioned that to my Dr and she said she wouldn't tell anyone to fly overseas after 20 weeks?! What?

What do you ladies think? I am dying to pick a safe time to start again so I can start working towards that time, and healing and feeling as though I'm moving forward in this hope of starting a family. I haven't read much that has a problem with pregnant people flying until 34 weeks or later, so I feel like the Dr is being waay over cautious. I'm 26 and in good shape, not reason to think it would be particularly difficult for me.

Of course, I also don't want to be stupid. Anyone have an international pregnancy travel experience or just plain helpful thoughts on deciding when to try again to help me make the right decision?

Thank you!

I have a former bnb friend who just flew well mived back to usa from uk at 32 weeks so im sure its fne?

I've read a couple of different things about traveling while pregnant. One place said that some airlines won't let you fly if you're within 30 days of your due date. Another was the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and it recommends that women don’t fly after their 36th week of pregnancy. Now I don't know how up to date that info is so it couldn't hurt to check with the airline you plan on using to see what their restrictions are. Maybe your doctor is just being cautious because of the blighted ovum?

:hugs:

Yea, you have a point OGD. I guess she's just being careful and she has the advantage of having input into when we try, instead of just handling me once I'm pregnant again. I just really want to try again, and really want to go to Spain, but of course above all be safe for me and a future baby. Such a frustrating time. I appreciate the information alot. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->