Advice Please: Prams/travel Systems

Shelleyb

Reaction score
Hi there
Hopefully you will be able to help as got myself in knots about this and still haven't ordered anything!!!!!! And hubbie wants me to order this week!

WHat are people using prams or travel systems? I had read such mixed reports.

I quite like the Silver Cross 3D, Silver Cross Freeway, Graco Cleo and the Mothercare one but don't know what to get - please help!!!!

Im using the silvercross 3D. Not sure why i chose it. I liked it as it was just a lovely design. I dont really like the travel systems alot as they just look as if they;ve just stuck a car seat on top of it.

but it goes on ur personal taste hun, its entirely up to u. Good luck x

Ive bought the graco travel system, got it for £230 in toyrus and that everything and i love it! I checked reviews and the only down point it got was people thinking it was a bit bulky but my house is on one level so dont need to struggle with stairs or anything. Hope u find what your looking for soon. Kx

Attachments

• pram.jpg
    pram.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi Hun, Im like Navarababe I don't like travel systems but its personal choice, we have gone for a 3 in 1, a Micralite Toro with carry cot

https://www.micralite.com/toro.asp

Good luck deciding hun, take care :hugs: XX

Ive bought the graco travel system, got it for £230 in toyrus and that everything and i love it! I checked reviews and the only down point it got was people thinking it was a bit bulky but my house is on one level so dont need to struggle with stairs or anything. Hope u find what your looking for soon. Kx

We've got this one too. It looks great. We pushed it around the store before we bought it, the swival wheels are great. It is quite bulky but very sturdy.

We've got this one too. It looks great. We pushed it around the store before we bought it, the swival wheels are great. It is quite bulky but very sturdy.

We have a graco one too, looks pretty similar to that apart from its caramel colour x

I opted for a quinny buzz. not used it yet and oh has stored it away from me at his nans til I have baby!!
I did like the mothercare xcursion too but I thought it was more of a faff putting it down. Id go into toys r us and mothercare and a local babyshop to have a play around.
I also saw some lovely mamas and papas travel systems we were tempted with the pramette.
aww love getting th pushchair - its so exciting!

I had the Graco Cleo, but didnt check whether it would fit in my car or not :dohh: so it had to go!

I have the silvercross 3d to, but im a bit confused now, isn't it a travel system to ??? I have the car seat to go with it and it just clips onto the chasis, isn't that a travel system ? lol

yep it is but i guess its not as bulky as some

I have gone for the Bugaboo chameleon.I love it because its a cross between a pram and a travel system.It has the carrycot unit like a pram but you can also just put the carseat onto the chassis if you want so its ideal for us,plus it folds down small and is really easy to use and push.I had the Mamas and Papas Ultima and then the Pliko with my first and these were great too!

I have the silvercross 3d to, but im a bit confused now, isn't it a travel system to ??? I have the car seat to go with it and it just clips onto the chasis, isn't that a travel system ? lol

it is a travel system if you use the car seat. I am just so confused - aggghhh

yes, as if ur car seat attaches to ur buggy/pram then its ideal for travel as u can just clip baby on if they are sleeping in the car.
you need to think what you will need, but the bulkier the more hassle in the end i find anyway..

it is a travel system if you use the car seat. I am just so confused - aggghhh

lol its is confusing !

In the end the only way I decided was by testing them out in the stores and getting demos from the staff.

I really like one of the mothercare prams but found it was really low, im short anyway but id of needed to be a midget to be the right height for it and I didn't like the tyres, they looked like the sort to puncture really easy and Im not sure how id deal with a puncture on a pram whilst out walking !!!

Im not 100% happy with the 3d either when its in pushchair mode, im just to fussy !

I'm forever confused about prams... spent the last 6 months thinking about it and researching options etc but still not 100% sure! I am thinking of getting the Silver Cross Linear Freeway. However, I thought of a new thing to confuse me last night! As I am buying this online (much cheaper than in the shop), what happens with the car seat? Is it okay to fit yourself and do we need a base? I've been told not all car seats fit all cars so I'm back to square one of being confused! :headspin:

I'm forever confused about prams... spent the last 6 months thinking about it and researching options etc but still not 100% sure! I am thinking of getting the Silver Cross Linear Freeway. However, I thought of a new thing to confuse me last night! As I am buying this online (much cheaper than in the shop), what happens with the car seat? Is it okay to fit yourself and do we need a base? I've been told not all car seats fit all cars so I'm back to square one of being confused! :headspin:

I was going to order online too. What kind of car do you have?

I was going to order online too. What kind of car do you have?

I have a 5 door vauxhall astra - 2003 model. I am thinking of buying the silver cross on kiddicare.com. It's £399 for the whole system including car seat. In mothercare it's £375 + £100!

We have a graco one too, looks pretty similar to that apart from its caramel colour x

We have a Graco too, it's choc and lime in colour, like the other ladies have said it's a bit bulky, but I do alot of walking (I don't drive) so it suits me to the ground. If you get the tour deluxe one, you get carrycot too, so you can lie baby flat for the first few months, instead of using car seat xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->