Advice PLease?

LynnieH

Reaction score
I had some really bad news over the weekend. My friend who was 24 weeks lost her baby. She got a bladder infection and the baby stopped moving on Friday. They sent her for monitoring, there was no heart beat and baby had passed away. She had to be induced and go through the whole birth!

Her mum rang me to tell me. Now I don't know what to do, I am 28 weeks gone, I have a big bump and I know everytime she sees me it will remind her of what could have been. I thought about sending a card to let her know I'm thinking of her and then just letting her contact me when she's ready.

What do you think?

I have been in tears and my hormones are all over the place, I can't stop thinking about her!

Oh what sad news & a possible awkward situation for you both :hugs:

I think I would have to send a BIG bunch of flowers with a card letting her know you are where she can find you.

My thoughts with your friend :(

Just let her know that u will be there for her when ever she is ready ...

It's going to be really hard for her to come to terms with, nothing on this earth prepares you for giving birth to your child and knowing that at the end of it all you won't be taking them home with you.

Just give her encoragement and tell her that no matter what you will always be there ... give her time and space.

She will go through a phase of blaming herself and just wanting to hide away ... just be paitent.

Sounds like she has a wonderful friend in you, and you being there will be more help than you will no.

xxx

I am so sorry for your friend.

Send her some flowers and a card telling her that you are there for her whenever she needs you.

In my opinion this is better than to remain silent. Probably there is at the moment no way for her to keep in touch, but she had a great friend.

So sorry for ur friends tragic loss.
Like everyone has said i would send her some flowers and a card an just put on it that she knows where u are when shes ready, and that you will always be there for her.
xxx

Awwwwww I am so sorry, that is so sad!!! :hugs:

I agree with Wobbles, send a bouquet and a card, let her know you are thinking of her and leave her to contact you, just l;et her know you are there for her.......

My thoughts are with her :hugs: xx

Awww hunnie so sorry about your friends baby.

My friend from work was in exactly the same situation, her and her best mate were due one day after eachother! Her friend had her baby at 30 weeks and he died the same day. All I can say is my mates friend is ok about her baby, she has looked after her once, this may have even helped her!

Don't feel guilty your friend will come round in her own time I would send her flowers and a card. Will you be going to the funeral?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->