Advice please...!

hcg

3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hello - just a bit of advice please! My husband and I went a way for the weekend this weekend (lovely relaxing break!) It hadn't been very well timed as Thursday was the end of my current pill packet so would be in my pill free week while we were away. Anyway AF hasn't shown up... I am obv near the end of the pill free week and don't know what to do... This has never happened before and I've been on the pill for 8 years.

We had been talking about TTC when we get rid of our flat - I had been getting quite into the excitement of it - is it possible to talk about something so much that your body reacts??!! :dohh:

Anyway - just really want to ask, do I do a test? Would it be too soon to do a test? I really don't know anything haha :rofl:

I know its really unlikely, I always take the pill on time etc, but also, wouldn't want to risk it and start taking the next packet!

Thanks for reading! xx

Yeah, get one of those early response test (or have one done at your GPs). I don't think nowadays it's a huge problem if you take the pill and are pregnant, but I can see why you'd want to be sure.
Good luck and hope you get the result you want!

Thanks girls - I will try and get an apt with the doctors for tomorrow I think. Another thing I'm really worried about if it is a BFP (although that would be great obv!!) - I had quite a heavy night out on the pop last week and am paranoid that if I am pregnant I'm going to have done horrendous things to the baby...
Thanks again for all your help and sorry I'm so useless!!! lol

I think it speaks for you that you worry about that. And I'm with you, I wouldn't touch a drop if I knew I might be pregnant. But you didn't know!!! Yes, drinking while pregnant is a risk. But you know, many people (unfortunately) still do and still go on to have healthy babies. Yeah, you might have a slightly higher risk which you wouldn't have taken if you'd known. But chances are you (and they baby) will be absolutely fine. Try not to worry too much. It was a one-off and you can't change it now anyway. Also, if that night occured before implantation, which is reasonably likely I think (?) then there's no increased risk for damage to the foetus anyway. Don't worry!

Thank you so much amygdala - You've made me feel alot better. I'm going to the docs tomorrow so I'll let you know what they say.
Thank you again! :hugs:

best thing to do is take a test.
it is rare to get pregnant while on pill.
but not that rare.
OH's mum got pregnant on pill with twins!
but i do think worrying, stressing etc can play havoc with your cycle & stop the witch from coming.

Aw, glad you're feeling a bit better. :hugs:
Let us know how the appointment went!

I would also say take a test,
You have an answer then and can put your mind at rest x

definitely take the test... its pretty rare to get pg while taking the pill but it certainly can happen. I would for def find out before starting my next pack. Let us know how you get on at the doctors.

Well - went to the docs this morning. She said it is very common to have no bleeding in your pill free week but she would arrange a test just just in case and for me to start my new pill packet as normal. Weirdly, she didn't do the test there and then but gave me a pot to fill and asked me to drop it in in the morning... I was expecting to have her test there and then. Still - it doesn't seem that a positive is very likely (have to say, despite the bad timing with us still being in the manky flat, I am a bit disappointed lol!)

Thank you all for putting my mind at ease yesterday girls! No I can get down to WTT properlly :happydance:

Aw, it's nice that now you can TTC on your own terms though and can be careful with drinking and things like folic acid etc right from the word go. Good luck to you and hope it won't take you too long!

definitely take the test... its pretty rare to get pg while taking the pill but it certainly can happen. I would for def find out before starting my next pack. Let us know how you get on at the doctors.

i got pregnant whilst being on the pill!

Well - went to the docs this morning. She said it is very common to have no bleeding in your pill free week but she would arrange a test just just in case and for me to start my new pill packet as normal. Weirdly, she didn't do the test there and then but gave me a pot to fill and asked me to drop it in in the morning... I was expecting to have her test there and then. Still - it doesn't seem that a positive is very likely (have to say, despite the bad timing with us still being in the manky flat, I am a bit disappointed lol!)

Thank you all for putting my mind at ease yesterday girls! No I can get down to WTT properlly :happydance:

She probably wanted to test your first morning urine. That has the highest concentration on hcg in it and would give the greatest chance of avoiding a false negative.
Don't worry - there are lots of advantages to waiting and planning, not the least of which is the drinking worry you mentioned in an earlier post. I'm also a total worrier, so I was really glad to plan my pregnancy and know that my body was free and clear from anything that might harm baby. Peace of mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->