Advice please!

bumblebeexo

Reaction score
I'm getting married in August! We were meant to get married last August, but I fell pregnant and my due date was a couple of days before the wedding.
We had planned quite a large wedding, and I asked two friends and SIL to be bridesmaids.
We re-set the date for this year, and one of the friends I originally asked is travelling so I didn't think she'd be home. We spoke about the wedding etc, presuming she wouldn't be here for it. So, dresses/flowers/hair was all booked for my friend and SIL. The wedding is much smaller than we originally planned.
Now though, she is coming home for it! :happydance: However it's just a few days before, so we wouldn't be able to get a dress altered etc. I got a deal with my flowers, so adding to it would mean I'd have to pay a lot more.
I feel terrible about her not being a bridesmaid. However, I was thinking to ask her to come and stay with me and the bridesmaids the night before, go with bridesmaids in car etc and walk my LO down the aisle/carry if she's not walking! This way she'd be a major part, just without the bouquet/hair/bridesmaid dress.
Do you think that sounds okay? :shrug:

I think that would be lovely just explain the situation to her and im sure she'll understand x

Is she expecting to be a bridesmaid?

Hmmm I'm not going to help here because I'm pretty split on that, whilst it would be nice for her to stay the night before and nice for someone to walk with DD down the aisle I think it could look a bit odd with someone who isn't a bridesmaid to be coming down the aisle - I'm presuming she won't match the others. I would have a chat with her and see what she says xx

She may just be assuming she is attending as a guest only now? I would if i was her and coming in a few days before the wedding. If it's important to you that she is 'in' the wedding then your idea is great, if its only because you feel bad like you have to i really cant see her being upset by that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->