Advice please:)

Lula95

Reaction score
I am due on feb 6th, baby was measuring 16 weeks at the end of sept but was told there was a strong heartbeat! I feel little flutters but no kicking and I have a tiny bump.. Is this something to worry about?

How far along did you think you were when you had the scan? About 21 weeks?

We're you not told anything at the scan? Have they not rescheduled another one to check your baby's growth or given any reason to be reassured or concerned?

I would contact your midwife if you are worried and ask her.

They said it was around 20+1, no all they told me was there was a strog heartbeat but baby was measuring 16 weeks and give me the date for a 20 week scan

Was it the first scan you'd had or did you have one at 12 weeks too?
If it was your first, then I'd maybe suggest that you had your dates wrong and that the dating scan they've given you is correct, making you around 18 weeks now or something?
This would also tie in with not feeling full on kicks just yet.

As I would assume that they would be more concerned if you'd been given a definite date through a previous dating scan to be measuring 4 weeks behind... I would wait until your 20 week scan and see what they say :flower:

I would agree with PP if this is your first scan? I turned out to be 3 weeks ahead of what I thought I was, but I had a scan at 11 weeks.

That was my first scan as I didn't find out until a bit later! Thank you, I'll wait until my next scan :)

As you didn't know, I'm guessing you probably needed to do a bit of guess work to work out how far along you were.... So I'd go with what the scan you were given told you, did they give you an estimated due date during the scan? You're probably due around mid-march?

That's odd. I know people due February who are 20 odd weeks, but if it's your first scan and baby was measuring 16 weeks then that's confusing that they'd give you that date!

I'm 20+2 and I'm due February 25th, so that can't be right :wacko:

So, let me get this straight... You had no idea how far along you were, so you had a scan at the end of September. They told you that you were 16 weeks along and gave you a due date of the 6th Feb?

How strange! Hmmm... Where are you from, US/UK?
If you're in the UK and you've been given a community midwife, I would call her tomorrow to find out what's going on. Because you can't be due on the 6th Feb and be 18 weeks along...

I think my brain is fried now! :haha:

I am from the uk! I think I will ring tomorrow to see if she can give me more information, I am so confused!

I'd definitely ring and sort it out. Sounds confusing!

Im due the 6th of Feb so the same date, and im 23 weeks today.. dont know why theyve given you that date if your only measuring 16weeks :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->