Advice please....

klcuk3

Mummy to two Munchkins
Reaction score
So my daughter started back at school on Monday in Yr 1. After school on Monday she was telling me that a new girl in her class had called her mean and nasty when my DD had asked her to play. I told her not to worry about it. Now today, Wednesday, she's come home saying that she asked this same girl today if she wanted to be friends and again was called 'nasty' and that the girl then hit her.
She said she was scared to tell the teacher, my only thoughts for the reason for this are that she doesn't know this new class teacher well.

My husband and I have advised her to play as she usually does with her classmates and if this girl says or does anything again then politely tell her that it's not nice and walk away. We also advised her to tell her teacher as they're there to help.

My question is, should we as parents say anything to the teacher about these two episodes or just see what happens in the next week or so?

I would let the teacher know so that she is aware of the situation and if things escalate, it doesn't seem out of the blue. Also, if the teacher notices something, she can fit it into a larger pattern or have a more complete picture of things.

I would let the teacher know so that she is aware of the situation and if things escalate, it doesn't seem out of the blue. Also, if the teacher notices something, she can fit it into a larger pattern or have a more complete picture of things.

This.

I would mention it to the Teacher so they can keep a closer eye on the situation.

I would advise the teacher as well so they can keep an eye on the situation.

I'd personally wait a few days and as its only day four/five now. But if it continues id definaely mention it to the teacher. It's their job to keep an eye and the horrid words and hitting aren't good at all. Was there an issue last year in reception?

I'd personally wait a few days and as its only day four/five now. But if it continues id definaely mention it to the teacher. It's their job to keep an eye and the horrid words and hitting aren't good at all. Was there an issue last year in reception?

The girl is new to the school this year so hoping it's just a settling in issue.

The girl is new to the school this year so hoping it's just a settling in issue.

Hopefully it is. It's so hard - my son was punched by another boy in the first term of reception and it's made me very cautious at school around this child and others. If it continued next week I'd definately say something but hopefully as you say, it's just this new girl settling in.

Huge to you - it's hard as a Mumma to see and hear about it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->