Advice please...

tjw

Mum to Ruby and Preggers
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm 28+4 into my 2nd pregnancy. My dd is 17m old and due to many pregnancy related physical and traumatic problems I didn't produce the hormone/s required to produce milk for her, in fact in 3wks of almost continuous expressing (she was early and hadn't developed sucking reflex so was cup fed at first too as she couldn't latch on) I only ever maned 1 tiny drop of colostrum that was less than 0.5ml and that was it. Nothing else :nope:

This time I started leaking a little bit of colostrum a few days ago (and it now leaks just a little bit each day), which I am so happy about as I thought I would have to formula feed again (not that there's anything wrong with ff, my daughter has thrived on it, but I really want to experience bf as my whole life I always planned to bf). Anyway my question is, what, if anything can help to make sure that my supply will increase etc. Do I start doing stuff to help now? Or wait till my boy is born? Any advice will be gratefully accepted.

Thank you :flower:

There is nothing you can do for now. Once your baby is born my best advice is to nurse often. The more you nurse the more your baby will get and the better supply you will build.

Get as much support and advice as you can when you have LO and make sure MWs know that you want to BF. Nursing as often as LO needs will be the best thing to increase and maintain supply.

Agree with the others, go to a support group and get the heads up. When bubs is born nurse very often, consider spending the day in bed with baby just feeding and resting, lots of skin to skin contact! Keep baby in just a nappy on your bare chest and it will encourage your milk to come in quickly xx

Brilliant, thank you ladies :) Much appreciated :flower:

There are actually things you can do during pregnancy, but they are for more specific issues like growing breast tissue. Since it sounds like your issue last time was due to blood loss/birth trauma you'll more than likely be fine for this time. I agree with pp though, it helps to have your support in line before you have a baby, so know where you are going to get help if you need it. :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->