Advice please

markterry70

Reaction score
Is he teething ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
New to this, but does anybody have any ideas why our baby son, is waking up every night ??,
He has been a prety good sleeper, and when you take him to bed, normally he would drop off to sleep by himself,
We occasionally had the odd few nights he would wake during the night, but we would just go in and give him is dummy, and he would turn over and go back to sleep, But...

This started about 5 weeks ago,
He would wake up and start crying,he wouldnt go back down to sleep,
He gets very hot,and sometimes it takes ages to calm him down ,
We took him to the doctors a few weeks ago, as he touches the back of his neck, and when he rubs it, it goes bright red and blotchy,
The doctor said it was a type of ecxma (cant spell it !!), and gave us some cream to rub on it, but to be honest, hasnt stopped him touching it,
And there wasnt any sign of anything being there !!
But my wife is concerned that there may be more to it, as there is nothing on his neck, but does touch it, and then it turns red, or if hes been running around in the day and gets hot, it will turn red,

But back to my question,
With this and waking up basically all night everynight, we are wondering if our son is teething also ??,
He is 22 months old,
He wakes up crying and even trembling/shaking sometimes ,
With a high temperture
Sometimes he will go back down to sleep,Other times he wont, and takes ages to calm him down,Some times he will open his mouth for Medicine, other times he wont !,
Just the look at his cot he cries ( sometimes )When we take him back to bed after calming him down,
He as had a cold,for a couple of weeks,
Which obviously hasnt helped, and the doctor just said to give him Calpol etc, to get his temperture down , as he has a viral infection ,But wouldnt prescribe anything else for him,
So basically is he teething ?,
My wife thinks perhaps its his 4 main maulers that are coming through ?,
Would this last for 5 weeks or more,
Obviously his cold doesnt help,
The issue with his Neck,
And basically he hasnt eaten Properly for the 4-5 weeks,
It doesnt matter what meal my wife cooks for him, he turns his nose up ,
Basically, we know our son, and hes normally the life and soul of any party, so to speak,
But we have noticed, he has completely changed over the last few weeks,
No where near the same happy little chap,
Very withdrawn from whats going on around him,
He would much prefure to sit on your lap, than go off playing ,
Any advice / ideas
Mark..

I would ge5t a second opinion on his neck problem , if it were eczema then it would most likely be dry scaly skin , but seeing on how he dosent have anything on mabey check with another dr to be sure ..could also be some soap your using ..

As for teething my friends 23 month old was getting her molars in and she was cranky for a good few weeks ..not much can be done but give him some meds if he gets fever it should help for pain and fever .

If the sight of his cot makes him cry try moving around his room , a change of scenery can improve allot , I just did it with my son and it worked great hes sleeping much better ..

But seriously seek another dr's advice on his underlined symptoms they may be related to something else all together .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->