advice pls on ovulation

heva510

mum of 6 (twin angels)
Reaction score
hi all i am 9 dpo and just done an OPK and its coming up with very dark line is this possible ??? :shrug:

Sorry hun i have never used OPKs so can't answer your question :( Hope someone can though :hugs: x

never used an OPK yet, but i read someone else saying it will be positive if your pregnant or something, i dont really know maybe it was something to do with CBFM :shrug:

Hey

my understanding is the dark line could be EITHER you ARE ov, or your ARE preg......
Have you did a preg test...

Best of luck X

yeah hpt is BFN but surely u can't ov twice in 9 days weird

ive posted this several times as i was confused too, its the first time the opk or cbfm detects the rise in lh, the first posive you get thats important and shows you are oving. lh can remain in your system after ov for the rest of your cycle but not before you ov, that is from a doctor. now there are some other reasons like delayed ov but the above is the most common. yes lh and hcg are similar if you are pg an opk can be positive before a hpt, hope this helps

well done another OPK just and its still positive done HTP and that is still a BFN my body is loving playing games with me atm, i am booked in doctors on 7th jun to have HCG levels done

Hello, I think I can clear the confusion for you. This is my {URL REMOVED BY ADMIN} which explains it but before you go there I don't want to get your hopes up. If you did not ovulate you will have some LH left in your urine AND if you experience a chemical pregnancy this could happen.

If you need more explination please ask.

Hello, I think I can clear the confusion for you. This is my -- which explains it but before you go there I don't want to get your hopes up. If you did not ovulate you will have some LH left in your urine AND if you experience a chemical pregnancy this could happen.

If you need more explination please ask.

hi won't let me open ur blog heather x

Oh sorry, I will copy and paste!

usmoms.wordpress.com
OPK as HPT?

Yes; you can use a LH surge(ovulation predicting) test strip as a pregnancy test accuratly.

How?

Right after you ovulate your LH surge test strip will show up negitive unless you have not ovulated.

*If it shows up some what positive and than fades to a negitive after a few days you *may* not have ovulated (common after a miscarriage)

Than right before AF is due, if you are pregnant, it will slowly become positive again just like before you ovulated. Than eventually you will get a dark positive. If you suffer from a chemical pregnancy you will continue to get negitive results on the pregnancy test and positive results on the OPK until Af shows up.

*peeonastick.com

Want to know why it works?

When looked at under a microscope HCG(pregnancy detecting chemical) and LH (ovualtion detecting chemical) are almost identical. The HCG chemical is just a little more complex. The OPK is looking for a chemical that BOTH the LH and HCG have. There for right around AF is due you will almost no LH in your system. If you are pregnant, however, you will have HCG in your sysetm. This is why the test will turn positive if you are pregnant. You can not do it the other way around however and you should not rely on the test itself to confirm a pregnancy.

Why is it a better way to test for a pregnancy?

Unfortuently, you can not rely on the OPK to confirm pregnancy.If you could there would be no such thing as a pregnancy test and everyone would just use OPKs. I, however, like them because *for me* they build up to a positive BEFORE a HPT shows a faint line. I can easily see the OPKs getting darker and darker the closer i get to my expected AF.

Conclusion: They are good for earlier detection of pregnancy but you can not rely on them on their own.

This has happened to me once or twice but never been a sign of pregnancy sadly. Think its my body playing tricks on me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->