Advice/Support while TTC

Hopeful100513

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I stopped taking the pill in March and husband and I have been TTC since then. I know you are supposed to wait three months after you have been off the pill to start counting months, but it is so hard to do when you want a baby. Every month when I see that single line, I get so discouraged and feel a wave of sadness. Last month was horrible. I was 2 weeks late, which has never happened, I am like clockwork. We got so excited but kept getting negative tests, and then I started my period. I felt the worst case of defeat that I have ever felt. I started this next cycle with more determination than ever. Though I am not supposed to start until Thursday, I took an early pregnancy test today, and it was negative. Another month down, how many more to go?
I know I should not start worrying and getting tested until a year, but I can't help but to feel broken. I guess I am writing to get some support from women who know what I am going through. My mom got pregnant her first time trying and my two best friends had no trouble at all. They don't understand what it is like to try for a baby. I just feel like I am on this journey that will never end with a happy ending. Again, I know it is silly to feel this after only a matter of months, but support may help.
What is some advice you can give us during this time? Did anything work for you while TTC? Also, is it true when women say that they just know when they pregnant? Is there a way to tell a difference between hopeful and pregnant? Thank you to all who chime in.

Hey. Not sure what to say, but I believe what's meant to be will find a way. Maybe for some reason, it's not been meant to be so far..... Hope you get that pregnancy soon Hun!
There are tons of supportive and knowledgeable women on here so I'm sure this forum will be a positive addition for you.
I did " know" both times I was pregnant, can't put into words how, I just did. But I'm sure thats not the case in many situations!
Anyhow, just wanted to say welcome, hang in there, and I wish you the best!

Just to add, I used ovulation predictor tests. I am also from the school of thought to do it early and often ( we do it every day of the 5 day fertile window. Unless the hubby has something low with his sperm, then that would not be ideal I've heard).. Anyhow that's what worked for me :)

I agree opks helped me last time and preseed but in saying that I didn't have much cm to why I used it
I tried for almost a year and kinda have up still tested etc but had a what's the point attuide and boom preg
Might I add with not many symptoms at all lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->