advice

cutelou101

3rd Tri
Reaction score
Hi

I'm really in need of some advice on what to do next. In Feb i had a miscarriage at 11 weeks of twin, the following month i had a CP. The 2 cycle since i ov'ed CD13/14 and then AF arrived 7 days later. I went to my doctors 2 weeks ago to talk about whether my luteal phase was no right. The doctor did shrug it off and say that he thinks i'm just a 21 day girl now, so i would ov CD7, but he would send me for progestrone blood tests - CD15 (a week after he thinks i was ovulating)

My GP has just rung me, asking why i had my prgestrone test done (as i went to see the locum before). The progestrone was so low he said it was off the scale, and said there was no point in testing progestrone on CD15, as i had only just ovulated. I tryed to explain to him about the short luteal phases i had been having, and the locum thought i was oving on CD7 so a 3 week cycle, and he just shrugged it off saying i can get preganant as i've had 2 miscarriages so there is no need to test for ovulation and i would not ov till week 2. I asked if i should get the blood test this friday (cd21), and he said no again as he knows i'm ovualting as i can get preganant, he said it would shed no light on why i have had 2 miscarriages.

I have no idea what to do now, as if my GP won't understand or help, i just feel a little lost. So i was wondering if any of you ladies have any advice on what to do next?

Thanks
Lou
x

erk, sorry to hear all this lou

and he just shrugged it off saying i can get preganant as i've had 2 miscarriages so there is no need to test for ovulation and i would not ov till week 2. I asked if i should get the blood test this friday (cd21), and he said no again as he knows i'm ovualting as i can get preganant, he said it would shed no light on why i have had 2 miscarriages.

isnt this wrong? low progesterone can be a contributing factor to mc? and even if it wasnt a contributing factor, your cycles couldve changed since your mc.

If my GP was saying things that i knew were wrong, i would change GP to be honest, and put a complaint in about the old one.

You can speak to the practice manager apparently:

If you disagree with the way your GP wants to treat your health problem, or you're unhappy about the service provided by your GP surgery, tell them openly. However, if you feel unable to do so or you're unhappy with the response you receive, you may wish to make a complaint.
All GP surgeries have a written complaints procedure. You will find this at the reception or on the practice website.
As a first step, speak to the practice manager. You can also complain to the practice in writing or by email.
If this doesn't resolve the problem, or you'd rather not raise the issue directly with the practice, you can complain to the local primary care trust (PCT). Get details of your local PCT by using our Find services option.
Read How to complain to find out more about the NHS complaints procedure.

I got that from here:

https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/doctors/Pages/GP-FAQs.aspx

you have good reason to pursue this, espec as you were offered diff treatment that you agreed with from the locum. The locum shouldve made notes on your file too.

Dont accept this - good luck

I agree. I read this article a while ago in a newspaper about a girl wh had about 21 miscarriages. The on thing they kept ignoring where the progesteron levels. So when she fell pregnant again, she got a progestron injection and she managed to have a healthy pregnancy!
I would get a second opinion from a different GP to see what they say.

Good luck!

Didn't want to read and not reply - but I agree with Nato and Pebbles. Get a new GP and don't back down ! :hugs:

Thanks ladies. I've decided to change my GP to the local health centre, where there are 7 doctors inlcuding 3 female doctors. I've also just booked up my blood test for CD21 (thursday) as i want to know if my progestrone is low. I think he just has no idea, he couldn't understand why i was asking for the progestrone test, thinking i was worried if i was ovulating - rather than if my progestrone levels are high enough after as luteal phase only 6/7 days. He has been a pain before with other things, so think i'm best to try the other local doctors, and theres a midewife there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->