Advise needed

loobyloo83

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is my first post on this forum so not sure if Ive put this in the right place, appologies if I havnt.

Im not currently trying for a baby, infact its a really bad time as Im weeks away from a move to Scotland and starting a new job!

Im on cerazette and have been for 9 months now. Since taking it, it has stopped my periods all together. I have always been lucky with my periods and never really suffered any symptoms.
Anyway, the last 2-3 weeks I have been getting what I can only describe as menstral cramps, but no period has come. I had several people say to me that maybe I was pregnant, now I take my pill on the dot everyday, Im very careful with it. However people saying this to me, got me a little worried so i took a home pregnancy test last week which came back negative. Still I continue to get these cramps and yesterday I got very sharp pains on the lower left hand side of my stomach, this only happened 3 times and only lasted seconds but the pain was so bad it actually stopped me in my tracks. And now today I have noticed that my breasts (nipples in particular) are very tender.
I have spoken to my eldest sister about this, who has said that they are all pregnancy symptoms and that maybe the test I took was to early to detect the pregnancy hormone.
I will be doing another test this week and will also book in to see a doctor, as Im slightly concerned of the sharp pains I got yesterday.
People have said that it could possibly have been implantation pains, but what worries me is eptopic pregnancy.

Do any of you have any experiences with implantation pains and do you think this could be what I experienced?

I could be way off and it could all be side effects of the pill, but I have had no side effects off it what so ever for the last 9 months.

Any advise on this will be greatly appriciated

Many thanks x

Hey hun

Welcome to bnb.

If you have been regular with your pill taking, pregnancy is unlikely. I would advise to take another pregnancy test, just to check, then if you are still suffering from these pains, go to the doctors. It could be a simple infection or uti that needs treating with antiobiotics.

Hope this helps

xxx

Welcome to BnB. Implantation pains are alot like AF (period) pains. I would test again hun. Unfortunately the pill isn't 100% effective. Hope you get the answer you want x

Thanks both, I didnt think of a UTI, but doesnt that usually come with burning and needing to go to the toilet more often?

Ill go and get another test tomorrow and make an appointment at the doctors.

It wont be the end of the world if I do turn out to be pregnant, would have to seriously re think my move to Scotland though!!

Hiya

I was on cerezette up until few weeks ago. Although i had periods they were never regular and I often had preg symptoms when I had no period but all my tests came back negitive. I read somewhere on the net once that the pill can mimmick preg symptoms to trick the body and stop your body releasing an egg. Not sure if this is true but I have also heard from other women that they have experienced loads of preg symtoms with this pill. I'm not sure about the sharp pains though.
Hope u feel better soon hun

x

Hi hun, I used to be on a cerazette and got pregnancy symptoms a lot whilst on it, also when coming off it I was convinced at one point that I was preggers! I used to have periods whilst on it, it didnt stop mine, unfortunatley!
Good luck at the Drs today, keep us updated :) xx

I was just going to say that you are definitely not the first woman who has posted about pregnancy symptoms and Cerazette. I haven't really paid close attention, but I do believe that it seems to be a fairly common complaint?
I have no experience with Cerazette myself, but what you describe could be implantation pains. I think if it's ectopic the pain is more continuous? I would look it up, or better yet, do as you had planned and go see a doc. Good luck!

I am on the nuvaring, and I am getting very similiar type pains. I stopped it for 2 months to see if it was related to the nuvaring, and it was. I took it this month and the pains are back... I have sharp pains in my lower abdomen, I've felt nauseous etc... back pain...

Im not going to take it again after this period.

You may need to ask your doctor to change bc pills.

Hey hun, welcome to bnb :)
i've been on cerazette for the last 3months and i've had practically the same thing as you for the last 3-4weeks. serious breast pain, especially my nipples, slight cramps, lethargy etc. but i tested on the 4th and it was negative. my period then showed up on the 6th.... after being 11 days late!! i wouldn't worry too much. i would still get checked over for anything that may be wrong but i wouldn't say it's pregnancy hun. anyway, i hope you get the answer you're looking for xxx

Thanks all for your replies :)

I have rang my doctor and he seems to think that it may be the pillalso, I have an appointment to see him friday. Its just strange that I have been using cerazette for 9 months with no symptoms what so ever and all of a sudden they all come along at once,have been feeling very nauseous today too so if it is the pill, ill be off it right away!! I havnt managed to get another home test done yet, may just leave it untill I see the doctor now, chances are like you say its just the pill causing the symptoms and dont really have the money to be throwing away on pregnancy tests!! Anyway Ill keep you all informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->