Af after coming off the pill

cupcake25

Reaction score
I am just wondering how long everyone's first AF after coming off the pill lasted?

Mine came 29 days after my withdrawal bleed and I still have it now on CD16:growlmad: got a feeling it is going to muck up my cycles..I should have already OV'd by now!

Any advice grateful, thanks!

Let's see...after withdrawal bleed, got my AF 12 days later, and then again 13 days after that. Finally cycle 3 was better.

I hate to say it, but we have to wait it out and let our bodies adjust to the lack of synthetic hormones and get used to our own hormones.

it sucks! i thought i was doing really well when AF arrived 29 days after withdrawal bleed (thought my cycles were actually going to be back to normal as was only on the pill for 3 months) and then it decides it is going to stay for over 2 weeks...meh!

Mine has been weird, i came off the pill on 20th July, had AF turn up last weekend, which gave me silly false hopes because i was later than expected. BUt AF has only lasted 3 days, was extremely light and has now stopped dead with no bleeding for days on end like i expected.

I'll probably pay for it and get a mega heavy one next time, i still feel bloated and bleh. Can't wait for al those damn hormones to leave so i know whats going on. Guess it was silly to expect my cycles to go bac to normal straight away!

I'm just impatient, lol :confused:

I know the feeling Angel_Dust. :cry:
My last day taking the pill (not the placebo) was August 15th. Then I got the :witch: when I should have (August 19). I am hoping that everything went back to normal but I doubt that it did :( It's very upsetting because I only have one chance to get a :bfp: (due to insurance issues). My chart is so messed up too!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/calendar_module.php?cd=6

Also, I bought the clear-blue easy OPK but I think it's messed up. For some reason only a very light line appeared. It wasn't even two like it was supposed to be! idk. :shrug: At any rate, maybe i'll still ovulate, just later than expected? Im being hopeful but I don't know if it's realistic or not. I did a ton of reading online and many women said that they got :bfp: during their first cycle off the pill. It seemed like more got preggo than didn't. I have also read that many times a woman will ovulate more than once during their 1st cycle off because the body is hyper-fertile due to the lack of fake hormones.
I just want this baby so bad :cry: sorry for the rant

:dust: to you all!:hugs:

My withdrawal bleed was 8 days... and I was only BC for 5 days. BLAH!

Good luck getting it all straightened out! :)

I went off of the pill in April and my husband and I have been ttc since May. No luck yet. However, I have 3 day light periods. (I didn't even have periods that light when I was on the pill.)
Was on pill for 7 years straight and 15 years on and off. (So basically since I was 17.) I'm 32 now.
Anyone else have the issue of periods getting lighter once off of pill?
I'm not even sure if I'm ovulating yet. Will chart temps next month, but it's the darndest thing...ewcm on cd 8 and then positive opk on cd13 with no mucus. GRRRR.
:nope:

Anyone have any advice?

I came off my BCp on Mon 17th Aug and got my withdrawl bledd on Fri 21st which lasted until Mon 24th so if I have another 28 day cycle I am due on Fri but I dont seem to have any symptoms at all!

Hmmmm I didnt have a withdrawal bleed? well I dont think I did!

I got married in November and so stayed on the pill until we were back from honeymoon. My AF came as normal mid December. Then I just never started to take the pill again once my AF had gone but this was a normal AF for me of 3 days.

January I had a CD 32, Feb CD32, March CD31, April CD 31, May CD 32, June CD 35 July CD 39, August CD 32.

Dont really know what happened in June and July but I must admit we only TTC at the end of May beginning of June so it could have been a shock to the system!! :haha:

hope it settles for you soon.

I came off the pill last month, i had a 25 day cycle between withdrawal bleed and first AF which lasted 7 days but 3 of those days were just annoying spotting

After coming of BC I had withdrawl bleed 6 days after, which lasted its normal 5 days.

AF came 29 days later and lasted 6 days.

based on this AF is due on saturday.

Even when I came of depo, my cycles went normal right away

I went off of the pill in April and my husband and I have been ttc since May. No luck yet. However, I have 3 day light periods. (I didn't even have periods that light when I was on the pill.)
Was on pill for 7 years straight and 15 years on and off. (So basically since I was 17.) I'm 32 now.
Anyone else have the issue of periods getting lighter once off of pill?
I'm not even sure if I'm ovulating yet. Will chart temps next month, but it's the darndest thing...ewcm on cd 8 and then positive opk on cd13 with no mucus. GRRRR.
:nope:

Anyone have any advice?

Hi Tori876

My periods are lighter off the pill then on them! How bizarre! I shall never take it again, it just messes our bodies up good and proper! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->