af after mc. Help?

twistedwheel

Reaction score
Hi all, I had a MC on the 25th Feb and I am just wondering how long to expect to wait for my af? I had a 'natural' mc and the bleeding lasted for around 5 days followed by a scan to make sure I had passed everything, which I had.

We started dtd pretty much as soon as the bleeding stopped (I think I was lucky in the fact I appear to have had an easy time physically with the mc, since I have read some horror stories.).

At the scan to check I had passed everything, it was a junior doctor who scanned me, supervised by a consultant, as she was learning. So, they had a really good look around on the scan and they happen to mention I was already ovulating! Which was on the 4th March - so going by the fact I was ovulating on the 4th of March, would you expect AF 2 weeks later on the 18th?!

So confused! Anyone any advice or stories to share?

Hello,

Yes, being that you were ovulating on the 4th you should be expecting af about 14 days later. Keep in mind this may vary after your m/c however and it may take a few cycles before you are regular again. For me it was very different, I began to m/c on Jan. 24th and didn't have my a/f until March 5th. I bled for about 14 days with my m/c though...

Good luck with everything!

I had a ERPC and got my first AF 5wks 6 days after xxx

Twistedwheel - given that you have been DTD and you are pretty certain that you ovulated - have you tested..?

xx

Hi, no I haven't tested. I was worried about testing and getting a bfp and it being a 'false' positive as I don't know when the hormones from the mc will decrease, as I never had any bloods done at all during the mc. x

I got my AF 29-30 days after my mc in DEC, my cycles returned to normal (29 days) pretty much straight after . Sorry for your loss and Good Luck ttc again! :dust: X

Thanks for the replies. I have just seen all your lovely tickers and have made one for the bean we lost.

I think I will leave it until Monday and do a test to see what it says. If it is pos I will go to the doctor to ask when my hormones will return to normal.

Thanks for your help x

Twisted - I'm 95% sure that you can't ovulate whilst you still have HCG in your system so if you think you have OV'd then your test would have been negative before. Have you been monitoring your BBT to confirm ovulation???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->