AF due Jan 18th - early testing

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Tests' started by Salty00, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Salty00

Salty00 Well-Known Member

I know it is probably too early to be taking a test but I did it anyways. My af is not due until Jan 18th. I took a test on a whim tonight and feel like I can see a shadow line. I have a box of cheapies on hand so will test again later on to see if it gets any darker. I just wanted to get others’ opinion while I wait it out over here.

2. Salty00

Same test, just dried now. The dye started to run backwards it looks like as it dried. I have never seen this before so I do wonder if that means this is a bad test and I can’t trust it. Has anyone else experienced this? Did it mean the result was invalid for you?

3. 1234boymum

1234boymum Well-Known Member

Think more experienced ladies say something about test flooding or dye run for that test but they'd have to clarify exactly what they mean by it. However, on the flipside, my cheapies definitely are faulty I'm routinely getting indents. But they don't look coloured. And yours has colour. My guess that might be a bfp because it has colour. Good luck!! :af::dust:

4. Salty00

Thank you! I am leaning towards maybe a faulty test because I did another one not long ago with SMU and it looks BFN now. I have plenty of cheapies here so will try another one again later on in the day just to see if it looks any different or stays bfn. Pic shows the first test on top with the new bfn test on the bottom.

5. Salty00

I have been testing about once a day, maybe skipped once. All looked completely negative to me after that one test that looked positive. AF was due today. I thought I saw a spot this morning and assumed it was on its way but had nothing all day so decided to test once more. This shadow showed up. I don’t think I can see color though?! Does that mean it is another dud test? I am not sure what to think. I took this test and watched it a couple minutes. I thought I might could see something but wasn’t sure. Went to finish up cooking & eating dinner with the family and then came back to this maybe 30 minutes to an hour later.

6. MrsT116

MrsT116 Well-Known Member

I see something but doesn't seem to have colour, also if it appeared after the development time it could be an evap.
    I would test again in the morning to be sure. Do you have any other brand tests so you can compare results? Good luck xx

Salty00 likes this.
  7. Salty00

Last night I took another one after 2.5 he hold. I took a photo of it with the other one at about the 10 minute mark. Here it is

I again don’t see color though. So maybe these are just dud tests? No AF still but she could just be running late. If she still hasn’t showed later today then I will do another test just to see if there is any change. This is the only brand I have right now but will buy a different kind if this goes on for days and no AF.

#7 Salty00, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  8. Classic Girl

Classic Girl HPT House Mom!

Hhmm I’m definitely seeing those! Can you try another test? Even a FRER?

9. Salty00

I have had some light spotting today so holding off on testing again to see what happens. I’m not sure if this means af is now going to show late after those 2 light looking positives or if it is just pregnancy spotting. From my past experiences I have never found spotting to be a good thing. It has always meant the end of a pregnancy for me so my gut is saying if I was pregnant, I’m not any longer. Af is late at this point but will see how the rest of the day plays out. I might try to pickup a FRER if the spotting stops though.

10. MrsT116

MrsT116 Well-Known Member

Best of luck!! X

11. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

12. Salty00

I went and bought a FRER since spotting has been nothing more than a little brown stuff as the day progressed. I see a line. A little in shock over here. I took the picture at around the 5 minute mark.

13. Salty00

So shocked. But this bleeding has me concerned. Even though this is not a planned pregnancy for us I am still worried about having positive tests and bleeding. Spotting had stopped for over 6 hours. But I just went to the restroom again and there was spotting again. I have never spotted early in pregnancy. The only time I spotted during pregnancy before was closer to the 9 week range and it was due to miscarriage. So I am wondering if it a chemical pregnancy. I guess we'll see if the bleeding picks up or stays just spotting. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster with all of the ups & downs.

14. BSelck24

BSelck24 Pregnant with Baby #4!!!

Keep tracking with tests and see if it progresses!! Keep us updated!!

15. Salty00

Bleeding has picked up some and Hcg level for this morning came back at under 10 so looks like this short pregnancy has already come to an end. As shocked as I was by the surprise, I’m also sad about losing it so soon. I wish everyone the very best with their pregnancies (or testing this month)!

16. HopefulPony

HopefulPony Mummy to Porge and Bobbin

I’m so sorry for your loss :(

17. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

18. Salty00

Thank you, both.

19. Salty00

Not the kind of progression you like to see-a backward one following m/c. But I thought it could also be helpful to someone so sharing it anyways.

20. sallyhansen76

sallyhansen76 Finally a mommy!