AF Late and BFN What gives?

MaeKnight

Reaction score
I am 6 days late for my period and feel pregnant but I keep getting BFN. I normally have regular periods and have never missed one EVER except with my two successful pregnancies. I have been weeping over stupid stuff, heartburn(which I have only had while pregnant), sore breasts and nausea.
Anyone had this happen to them before? I am wondering what else can cause late or missed period or if any of you got a delayed BFP? Please help me put my mind at ease.

I will retest again in the morning. But I am starting to think that my internet cheapie tests are defective. lol. I should just go out and get a better brand.

Some people don't get a BFP until they are 6 weeks. This is pretty common. My cousin didn't get one until she was 4 months. She got tested at the GP's before then.

However, sometimes you just get an odd cycle which will be late for no reason or sometimes you just miss ovulating altogether. It could go either way. But good luck, hopefully you just get a BFP late.

The weird thing is, I tested for ovulation this month and got 5 positive opks in a row. This has never happened to me. That was on the 26th -30th of August. So not sure what happened there. Also I was projected to start my AF on Sept 7th so that means I ovulated really late. So based on my calculations, I would only be about 4 weeks today if I was in fact pregnant. With my other 2 successful pregnancies, I didn't get a BFP until almost 6 weeks even though I had symptoms like nausea and heartburn. So we'll see. I will keep testing until AF shows up or BFP. Thank you for your encouragement. It really helps ease my mind. I hate this waiting game.

If it does show up get checked for PCOS as that can cause opks to be positive for a while as your body keeps trying to ovulate and it failed first time so tries again. Which is why it could also be late. Although having PCOS doesn't mean you can't get pregnant as I know many who have, some quite quickly also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->