Afraid I may have done some harm

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
So, I make soaps, fragrances, lip balms, etc. I haven't in a while.....but I'm doing a craft fair on Saturday, and was getting into crunch time today.
I made one mid-size batch worth of mixture for solid perfumes. The ingredients are only beeswax, grapeseed oil, glycerin, vitamin e, and fragrance. But after separating the batch into small portions for different scents, I have to microwave them a couple times to keep them liquid while adding the room temperature scents, which, while I step several feet from the microwave, still continues releasing the mild fumes and scents into the kitchen.
I put on a little mask, the white kind doctors and construction workers use. When my fiance came home, I wanted to be a goofball, and drew cat nose, mouth and whiskers on the mask and put it back on.
Now, i don't know if it just took a while to hit me, or maybe if it was even the lingering fumes from the sharpie I used to do the kitty face, but I suddenly started getting really lightheaded and feeling weird....almost high.
It lasted for probably ten minutes (yes, I left the room.)
As I write this, I'm sitting on the front steps getting fresh air and feel better. However, i'm upset with myself and a little worried.
Could this exposure have harmed my baby in any way? It's nighttime and i dont want to panic and run to the ER and insist they run checks to make sure the baby is okay. And another part of me is afraid that whatever is done is done........I could never live with myself if making stupid soaps killed my baby.

Kahlua, I am no doctor but I think you and your little one will be ok.

It is quite normal to be overcome by smells in early pregnancy. I think it is our body's way of being ultra vigilant. But you weren't using anything toxic. If anything, I can imagine that the sharpie had the most chemicals in.
You did very well in going outside and getting some fresh air and I think that in future if you do anything like this again you will make sure that the area is well-ventilated.
Now try not to beat yourself up about it. It is so easy for us ladies who have suffered losses to become paranoid. Ultimately, stressing now is not good for you or your baby, either.
Take a deep breath and forgive yourself :hugs:

Thank you. I'm still a little nervous, but I'm confident s/he'll be all right. There's that little tiny shadow of doubt though, of course. >.<

I think hairstylist would deal with worse things and their pregnancies are fine. It was probably mostly the sharpie and the fact that ur scent when pregnant seems stronger. Just remember to be well vented, and maybe open a window if u can?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->