~*~*After 10 Yrs on BCP, the time has come!*~*~

hazel924

Please Stick!!
Reaction score
I have been with my husband for 10 years, although we just got married last year. I have been on BCP for 10 years straight, and for my 30th birthday, I asked for liberation from the Pill!

We both have decided to NTNP at this time. This would be our first month completely pill free. Although we are not actively trying, I did purchase the following items, because I want to begin tracking my body. After being on the pill for so long, I forgot what some things feel like. Also, because I have been on the pill for so long, it may take my body a couple of months to re-adjust itself.

So I purchased the following items:
- Digital Basal Body Thermometer
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility, 10th Anniversary Edition
- Ovulation Tests
- Little day book calendar to track my temperature.

Is there anything I can/should do to begin tracking myself to make sure my body is doing what it is supposed to be doing??

Thanks for any advice/suggestions!

hiya

congratulations ope u get a lil bean soon

there is a site called fertilityfriend.com were you can chart diff things which is very good. there isnt much mre u can do as i think u av covered it al

x

Hazel, your situation sounds just like what I want! We got married this year in June been together 6 years, and I'm turning 30 next June - on BCP for the last 10 years. Might either ask for comming off the pill for Christmas as it takes a while for body to get back into a normal cycle or my 30th Birthday will be more likely (our 1st year wedding anniversary close to then too).

Good luck with your NTNP!

Thank you both for the comments. I will check out fertilityfriend. And GL to you saphiresky!

Fertility friend is great for tracking your cycle. They also have an online course in charting which I found really helpful when I was starting out.

I was on BCP for over ten years before I had my first and my cycle came back straight away and I got pregnant the second month trying! Fingers crossed it will happen quickly for you. I think it's definitely a good idea to temperature chart to get to know your cycle a bit.

Wow, what a great bday gift!! I have to say....maybe I'm not normal here, but I was on the pill for 6 years straight, just took it at odd times and conceived my 1st. Then with my 3rd, I had been on it again for 7 years straight, went off and got pregnant that month! So you ladies never know....it might happen right away for you too!

Thanks Polaris & 3Kiddos. I'm not looking to get pregnant right away, but if it happens, we won't be surprised :) It's good to hear from people who went right back to normal after being on the pill for so long. But then you have those who don't, and one can't help but worry.

I have been on BCP for 10 years straight, and for my 30th birthday, I asked for liberation from the Pill!

We both have decided to NTNP at this time.

In May it will be me and hubby's 10 year anniversary, and I just stopped taking the pill in July. We are also NTNP.

Hope you enjoy the support on here. I have, even if I don't post that often.

Fx and :dust:

This sounds just like me! I've been with my husband for 11 years in January, and on BC since pretty much the beginning (we're both 28). We've been married for just over a year now, and made the decision to come off BC as soon as I'd finished my most recent prescription. My last pill was on Sunday, just waiting for AF to finish and then we're officially NTNP/TTC! :happydance:

Like you, we won't be actively trying as such during October, and I know it can take months for the body to regulate itself after coming off BC. BUT, that being said, it doesn't stop me hoping for a pleasant 'surprise', and if not we will definitely be TTC a little harder from November onwards!

I'm not going to be tracking temperatures, taking OPK's, checking my cervix or anything like that, will pretty much just be going with the flow. Although I do have a rough idea when I'll be ovulating next month and will try to keep track of it from then onwards, and hubby may find his luck is in a little bit more than usual over those few days!!:winkwink:

Good Luck to you Mazndave.

So an update on me: Been off the pill for about a month now. I began spotting on CD 23, then light flow on CD 24, and spotting to gone on CD 25. So I have a 23 day cycle. I have more than usual cramping. My normal AF would have shown her face today (CD 29) but nothing.
My temps have been ok, but i came down with a cold/cough last week with a fever, and therefore couldn't tell if I actually ovulate or not as my temps were fluctuating.
I did make an appt with my doc just to get checked next week as i am experiencing mild cramping on my left side since before I stopped the pill. I am a little worried, but just hope that this is normal,and nothing more serious.

Anyone experience anything similar?

Everyone in this thread sounds like me! I'm 30, and have been living with my husband for 6 years. We got married this July. We originally decided not to try till next year, but since he is 36 and we don't want to wait too long and we don't know what my body's going to do, we decided to stop birth control in late July. I was on Nuvaring, but have been on and off it and the pill before with no body changes (that I noticed) whatsoever.

We are only sort of trying, just having more sex around whatever weekend we guess is ovulation. (Although I have started a chart, just to be more aware of my own health. And tried to feel my cervix, mostly because I swear it's not there! haha)

First month was pretty normal, except I had a 26 day cycle (a loooong time ago before BC mine were 32 days). Second month my body went CRAZY. I had terrible weird cramps basically from ovulation to my period (I couldn't function without drugs), and my boobs jumped up in size, and I slept 10 hours a day for a week. I went on some natural supplements to try and regulate my cycle, and so far (11 DPO) I am not having a repeat of the craziness.

Basically what I'm trying to say is there is no predicting what your body is going to do when you mess with hormones, I guess. Mine did stuff last month I have NEVER experienced in my life.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->