After 15 years of trying, miracles CAN happen <3

What an amazing announcement! Congratulations enjoy every moment. Xx

Wow!! This gives me hope.. I been trying for 13 years. Had six miscarriages, last one was almost two years ago. Reading your story gives me hopes and not to give up at least not yet.. So happy for you, wish you luck and happy 9 months.. CONGRATULATIONS

Hi, I've followed your story and I must say I'm touched by it. I just wanted to kno how the scans went today.
Just know that I'm following your story. It's just so touching

Hi, I've followed your story and I must say I'm touched by it. I just wanted to kno how the scans went today.
Just know that I'm following your story. It's just so touching

Hey sorry I didn't reply sooner! So the 14th wasn't a traditional scan per say but since I've been having such bad cramps they did a quick abdominal and we saw the heart beating, their guess was 130 at the time. I didn't get any photos for that one.

I went back yesterday for my followup and did get another scan. Baby is now measuring 3.07cm (1.2inch) and I was 9+4 but baby is measuring 10+0. They tried REALLY hard to measure the heartbeat but the little bugger wouldn't sit still :lol: but my husband saw the heart beating on the scan (I was at a weird angle and couldn't see it sadly) and he said it looked nice and fast. Doctor said everything looked good and baby is growing right on track. My next appointment is the 11th of April with my high-risk ob which normally won't have scans and then we do the NT scan on the 16th (tests for downs). I'm not over 35 so doctor didn't want to do NIPT, which I'm annoyed about since I would have paid the extra, but if my doctor doesn't deem it medically necessary, I'd have to pay all of it.

Here is my little gummy bear as of yesterday March 27th. We are so in love and I'm considering just spilling the beans! AHH so nervous!

babycropped2.png

I wanted to post my story somewhere because for YEARS I searched high and low on google for "people like me" and found they were far and few between. I also want to scream this at the top of my lungs because after 15 years I am pregnant!

My husband and I got married almost 15 years ago and back then we weren't actively trying but knew we wanted kids so we didn't prevent. After a few years I started trying to temp and do ovulation testing but suspected I had PCOS which is why it never worked. Lacking in health insurance and money at the time we just did things on our own which is my story for almost 12 years. During that time I had 8 really early miscarriages ranging from 5 weeks to 9 weeks. The last one being about 13 years ago. Then apparently my body gave up. I couldn't get pregnant at all. My husband joined the service and we finally had health insurance that was good. I started going to doctors and they confirmed I have pcos; very apparent too. We did un-monitored rounds of femara (letrezole) but that didn't help. Metformin almost killed me (and I mean that literally I ended up in the ER). Finally I go into a RE (reproductive endocrinologist). I thought surely at this point someone can help me. I don't know how many thousands of stories I've read online so I was reassured it would work given enough time. So in between deployments we tried treatments. More femara but with ultrasounds this time. Nothing. Added in more meds and trigger shots. Nothing. Finally when my husband got back from his second deployment it got more serious. We decided to take the plunge and start paying for IUI (Tricare doesn't cover IUI for those who don't know). Three IUIs later no success, not even a chemical. I should also mention I had my tubes checked, they removed a polyp hoping that would cure things. I mean we tried everything. Finally they diagnosed me(us) with unexplained infertility. My husband's levels were good but his sperm didn't swim, even given all that they said I SHOULD have been pregnant. Then we found out we were moving home finally. One last trip to my RE and they denied to help me because for the first time ever I had 2 massive cysts leftover from my previous cycle. They told me this was normal and happens to most women and was shocked it never happened to me in the nearly 2 years we were doing the medicines.

Depressed... we moved. We did everything wrong. I was under the most stress of my life in that month than ever before. I was taking a lot of motrin. We only had sex 1 time. I even had 4 MRIs done so I was convinced I was very well irradiated (joke). I was told if I didn't get a period (as I often wouldn't with pcos) to follow up with a new doctor to check to make sure those cysts were going away. I told my husband tomorrow, which happened to be his birthday, if I don't get my period in the morning I'll take a FRER since I had one leftover from previous cycles. The next morning, and very proud I was able to hold it all night, I dipped my test in the cup. POSITIVE. OMG OMG OMG is exactly what I said. I ran into the room so hysterical my husband thought a wild animal had gotten into the bathroom. So for my husband's birthday we found out I was pregnant. I was scared to believe it was real. So midday after a Target run I took a clearblue nondigital. IMMEDIATE positive even with diluted urine. Forcing myself to wait until the next day I took the digital... Pregnant. Having been told if I manage to get pregnant again I'd be very high risk I was able to find a new doctor and get an immediate appointment. At my request they tested my hcg. My guess was 4 weeks 2 days my level was 1008. Praise God! Never had such strong levels. I'm going in tomorrow to get my HCG re checked and I won't lie I am absolutely terrified of the what ifs, but I am pregnant!

My cervix is low and hard right now & I'm dry as a bone. So don't believe all the hype about CM being thin and abundant after you're pregnant. I have no sex drive to speak of. My ovaries hurt like heck and I am nauseated.... oh and my nipples feel like someone assaulted them with sandpaper. Those are my symptoms. My only symptoms before my BFP were car sickness (a totally new thing for me that's really annoying) and peeing more at night. I was (am) a total symptom spotter and it didn't help me at all, only ever caused stress!

If you found this because you were obsessed like I am, downright depressed, without all hope. I want you to know you are worth it girl :hugs2:. If you've been trying for a long time and everyone you know has a baby except you I want you to know I feel your grief. I tried to do everything the "right way" and I can't try to tell you what the magic secret is but I will tell you I did everything wrong and somehow it worked. Never give up. Ever.

Did I mention I found out I was pregnant on my husband's birthday and my due date is my birthday? I think God had a plan all along. =D&gt; March 1st we're doing the first ultrasound and I hope we'll see a heartbeat :hugs:

View attachment 1055900

The most precious bfp story I have read! Congratulations. You and your Husband must be very strong people, individually and collectively! Prayers up for a happy and healthy pregnancy and birth! So happy for you both!

This just made my heart pitter patter. So happy for you. Bless you.

I wanted to post my story somewhere because for YEARS I searched high and low on google for "people like me" and found they were far and few between. I also want to scream this at the top of my lungs because after 15 years I am pregnant!

My husband and I got married almost 15 years ago and back then we weren't actively trying but knew we wanted kids so we didn't prevent. After a few years I started trying to temp and do ovulation testing but suspected I had PCOS which is why it never worked. Lacking in health insurance and money at the time we just did things on our own which is my story for almost 12 years. During that time I had 8 really early miscarriages ranging from 5 weeks to 9 weeks. The last one being about 13 years ago. Then apparently my body gave up. I couldn't get pregnant at all. My husband joined the service and we finally had health insurance that was good. I started going to doctors and they confirmed I have pcos; very apparent too. We did un-monitored rounds of femara (letrezole) but that didn't help. Metformin almost killed me (and I mean that literally I ended up in the ER). Finally I go into a RE (reproductive endocrinologist). I thought surely at this point someone can help me. I don't know how many thousands of stories I've read online so I was reassured it would work given enough time. So in between deployments we tried treatments. More femara but with ultrasounds this time. Nothing. Added in more meds and trigger shots. Nothing. Finally when my husband got back from his second deployment it got more serious. We decided to take the plunge and start paying for IUI (Tricare doesn't cover IUI for those who don't know). Three IUIs later no success, not even a chemical. I should also mention I had my tubes checked, they removed a polyp hoping that would cure things. I mean we tried everything. Finally they diagnosed me(us) with unexplained infertility. My husband's levels were good but his sperm didn't swim, even given all that they said I SHOULD have been pregnant. Then we found out we were moving home finally. One last trip to my RE and they denied to help me because for the first time ever I had 2 massive cysts leftover from my previous cycle. They told me this was normal and happens to most women and was shocked it never happened to me in the nearly 2 years we were doing the medicines.

Depressed... we moved. We did everything wrong. I was under the most stress of my life in that month than ever before. I was taking a lot of motrin. We only had sex 1 time. I even had 4 MRIs done so I was convinced I was very well irradiated (joke). I was told if I didn't get a period (as I often wouldn't with pcos) to follow up with a new doctor to check to make sure those cysts were going away. I told my husband tomorrow, which happened to be his birthday, if I don't get my period in the morning I'll take a FRER since I had one leftover from previous cycles. The next morning, and very proud I was able to hold it all night, I dipped my test in the cup. POSITIVE. OMG OMG OMG is exactly what I said. I ran into the room so hysterical my husband thought a wild animal had gotten into the bathroom. So for my husband's birthday we found out I was pregnant. I was scared to believe it was real. So midday after a Target run I took a clearblue nondigital. IMMEDIATE positive even with diluted urine. Forcing myself to wait until the next day I took the digital... Pregnant. Having been told if I manage to get pregnant again I'd be very high risk I was able to find a new doctor and get an immediate appointment. At my request they tested my hcg. My guess was 4 weeks 2 days my level was 1008. Praise God! Never had such strong levels. I'm going in tomorrow to get my HCG re checked and I won't lie I am absolutely terrified of the what ifs, but I am pregnant!

My cervix is low and hard right now & I'm dry as a bone. So don't believe all the hype about CM being thin and abundant after you're pregnant. I have no sex drive to speak of. My ovaries hurt like heck and I am nauseated.... oh and my nipples feel like someone assaulted them with sandpaper. Those are my symptoms. My only symptoms before my BFP were car sickness (a totally new thing for me that's really annoying) and peeing more at night. I was (am) a total symptom spotter and it didn't help me at all, only ever caused stress!

If you found this because you were obsessed like I am, downright depressed, without all hope. I want you to know you are worth it girl :hugs2:. If you've been trying for a long time and everyone you know has a baby except you I want you to know I feel your grief. I tried to do everything the "right way" and I can't try to tell you what the magic secret is but I will tell you I did everything wrong and somehow it worked. Never give up. Ever.

Did I mention I found out I was pregnant on my husband's birthday and my due date is my birthday? I think God had a plan all along. =D&gt; March 1st we're doing the first ultrasound and I hope we'll see a heartbeat :hugs:

View attachment 1055900
Th

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"