after 3 years of trying my sister informs me...

chloesnowie10

Reaction score
she's 10 weeks pregnant.. the problem? I am 7 weeks pregnant!

just annoys me that she can get pregnant with a one night stand whereas i have to try for ages, she is totally going to steal the limelight... plus.. i was planning a big reveal at christmas when im 12ish weeks and she then goes and blurs this out now....

i know im being stupid but this has just made me cry so bad.... as well as all this my eldest sister has fertility problems too, this is going to hurt her so bad :(

im really sorry about the post... just felt like i should tell someone , let out some steam and all that,...

:hugs: that's hard hon. BUT.... You're having a baby :) try and enjoy the experience with your sister xx

Don't be sorry. I know its frustrating but at least you're pregnant now. She went ahead and announced it already but I bet your fun Christmas reveal will be amazing!

i only just had the talk with my boss today.... i just cant believe this is happening!

It'll be all good :flower: you will still have your moment to shine at Christmas and your pregnancy will be just as exciting as your sisters =)

first congrats on the pregnancy after all the time waiting for it to happen!
Second, No problem, vent away, that is a tough situation but I hope you girls can enjoy your pregnancy together. & I think you're big Christmas plan sounds great even though your sister told, I don't think they should be any less excited for you. I planned on doing that too but couldn't wait lmao I feel sad for your oldest sister if this will be hard on her... hopefully it won't be too bad & she'll be excited to be an aunt.

Aww, i think its only natural to be upset if it has taken so long but i would absolutely love to be pregnant at the same time as one of my sisters! I think it would be so much fun to have someone so close who can get all excited over buying baby things too!
Also, i don't want this to come out the wrong way (because its not meant to sound mean) but its not your sisters fault that she got pregnant easily, try to focus on the positives......just think how great it will be for your LO to have a cousin so close in age to play with! :thumbup:

It is normal to feel that way that you do. Very normal. However, you will need to rise above it at some point as the two of you being pregnant together could be a wonderful experience, and probably nothing is going to change it so it needs to be accepted.

The fact is, no one can be expected to "time" when they fall pregnant in order not to hurt other people, it just doesn't work that way... and don't let yourself feel like she stole the limelight, you could be shining together.

I know how it feels to see others around me falling pregnant and it just not happening for me. I don't struggle to conceive like you, but I went through a long period where the beans were just not sticking and during that time it seemed like all my friends were getting sticky BFP's and it hurt and I admit, I did begrudge them for a short while when I found out, but I made myself accept it.

I hope that you feel better about this soon :)

I dont mean to sound harsh but Im sure your sister is just as excited about her pregnancy as you no matter how it came about and as its not her fault that you had problems conceiving, I would personally just try to be happy for her too.

your big Christmas reveal will be no less amazing and your sister will probably wish she thought of a fun way of telling everyone! It will be really nice having a cousin very close in age for your LO. My daughter is the only child in the entire family and I always feel like she's missing out on not having any kids to play with. Does your sister know that you've been TTC for so long?

I know how you feel, the moment my brother found out I was pregnant he said "You're pregnant? well my girlfriend might be pregnant."(he and his girlfriend JUST started dating) Then when our mutual friend said 'I just heard about your sis, isn't that exciting' and he replied 'my girlfriend could be pregnant isn't THAT exciting." I cried for a week.. (come to find out they had no reason to say that..)

I don't think you have any reason to feel she's going to steal your limelight.. (And I don't think that would of been her intention) When I was upset about my brother, my mom said to me that she would secretly be a lot more excited for me knowing me and my fiance are ready for it, and are serious about our relationship than she would be about my brother knocking up a girl he barely knew.. (Obviously we would all love the baby regardless)

So hold your head up, congratulate your sister, Let her have the next few weeks, announce your pregnancy on Christmas, & then try to make it an exciting time for both of you.. In the end, its not worth being upset. YOU'RE PREGNANT ENJOY IT!

I understand you, I cried when my sister announced her pregnancy :blush:
That doesn't mean I wasn't happy for her and I love my nephew to bits! But I did feel like I received a slap in the face when she announced it. Luckily, I couldn't get Skype to work so she couldn't see my face as she had originally intended to.

May I suggest something regarding your older sister with fertility problems? Could you maybe let her know in secret before the big announcement? It could be quite hard for her to be in the middle of it all and have to put on a brave face in front of the whole family...

In general, though, keep reminding yourself that you don't want your sister's baby. You want your own. And you're growing one right now! I am sure you will get your limelight at Christmas and everyone will make a lovely fuss over you :hugs: then you and your pregnant sister will have a lot to share over the next few months.

Enjoy your pregnancy without stress! I understand the frustration! I posted a few weeks back because my sister popped up pregnant and shes not married, never wanted kids, & just doesn't have her life together. It broke my heart to know she was pregnant and that I had been trying with my husband since we got married. I ended up getting pregnant and announcing it and she was angry and she made it clear she thought I was stealing her shine...when that was not my intention at all. I still don't think she is excited for me but I am enjoying my pregnancy and she will just have to get over her feelings toward this. I had to get over the fact that it was so easy to get pregnant and I had to try for over 10 months. I wish we could enjoy this beautiful time together but its okay this is tooo great a time in my life to be stressed! Hope everything works out for you!

Congratulations on your pregnancy and here's hope for a healthy baby!

I understand how you feel. I got pregnant after two months of marriage (doing everything the old fashioned way etc..) A month before me, two of my cousins got pregnant via one night stands and I had to deal with back lash my whole pregnancy about 'how lucky I am to be in a relationship' and being put down in different ways because I have the 'dream' life. I was really angry about it, because it undermined me and my hubby, and made our baby feel less important. I hope it all turns out well for you and that it brings you and your sister closer together, so you can share the experience in a positive way. I know the frustration of someone stealing your limelight, but this is still your news and not someone elses, so hopefully family react just as well as otherwise. x x

I had a blighted ovum diagnosed at 13.5 weeks by a routine ultrasound and within 2 weeks of miscarrying BOTH of my sisters revealed that they were pregnant. My middle sister with her first one and my younger sister with her 2nd (and frankly I feel she shouldn't have any) so I was completely devastated.

I tried to be happy for them but felt so cheated ....especially because of my youngest sister and then when their babies were born 10 days apart....and 2 months after my due date....all I could think of were my empty hands!!!! It was a very difficult year but I realized that I couldn't stop others from being happy just because my heart was broken.

I went on to have my next healthy pregnancy 3 years later with my middle sister (also pregnant again) and we delivered 6 weeks apart. I cherished it and love that our children are so close in age. Your sister making an announcement doesn't mean that you can't still make your announcement at Christmas....and for the older sister with fertility issues....maybe you could just let her know in advance.

Congrats on your pregnancy! I do understand where you are coming from....but think of how close in age these little cousins are going to be!!!!

My cousin and I got pregnant pretty much at the same time! Maybe she felt the way you did, she announced it, and a week later I did as well! I felt like I was stealing her spotlight! But we're quite happy to be pregnant at the same time. It's neat to compare symptoms :)

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!! I know the feeling as two family members became pregnant after I miscarried. BUT I have a feeling your family knowing how long you have been trying will be soooo excited for you!

Hun try and turn the situation around and look at the fact that your child is going to have a cousin really close in age. If no one knows you're pregnant then she's not stealing your limelight as she doesn't know there's anything to steal if you see what I mean?

Besides, Christmas is a few weeks away yet so her news won't be so new then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->