After a c-section, when did you resume housework etc?

Heavenx

Reaction score
I had my baby by c-section 3 weeks ago today, everyone around me keeps telling me to take it easy and not to lift a finger, my husband won't let me do anything! I am starting to go insane lol. I am very house proud and a 'cleanaholic' like 'Monica' from friends so not being able to do the vac, polish, washing, ironing etc is doing my head in. Of course baby is taking up most of my time anyway but when she's sleeping I am so tempted to get the vac out or the polish, clean the windows etc.

I am being sensible, looking after myself but just wondering when did you start to resume housework without the fear of undoing stitches like my family & friends keep threatening me will happen!

As I live in a flat I also have stairs (no lift) to navigate and can't yet manage the pushchair & baby down them to get out and about, I feel like a prisoner! :hissy:

awww bless you, i had my c-section 7weeks 2moro and i still havent really started cleaning that much my mum comes round and does it and my Oh does alot to, i would say polishing is ok as long as your not bending make sure it at arms lenghts, but i wouldn't do the ironing or hovering, but i would just take it easy 3weeks isnt that long ago and you wont have people helping you for ever so enjoy it,

I got out of the hospital on a Thursday and by Saturday I was doing laundry, dishes, washing the floor, etc. I did not do heavy lifting though.

I waited until 6weeks before doing vacumming or anything like that, even lifting the washing basket is a no no. To be honest if you can do your best to hold off, it isn't worth upsetting your wound, and you will recover a lot quicker by resisiting the urge to clean!
Just log into BnB that kept me sorta sane for those weeks.

I started doin stuff after bout 4 weeks - couldn't be arsed keep naggin other half to do stuff - it was probably a bit soon tho - take it easy!!

I hoovered up fr the first time when Tegan was a week old. I actually walked about two miles three days after - I know I shouldn't have but she was in a different hospital to me and I had to see her.

i just gradually got back in to it over time, starting with little things and worked my way up. i too am known as monica and found it very hard, thank god my mum cleans just like me.

All the instructions I have received has given me a time of 6 weeks before I can do any housework, etc. I can do small things but no vacuuming, ironing,etc.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->