After having Implanon removed...?

Candy-panda_x

Reaction score
Hey :)
After having implanon (the implant) out, did anyone get any weird effects?
My boobs have never been so achey, i'm still waiting for my first AF to start, and I feel so sick I'm off food. I really don't think I'm pregnant but I think my hormones are making me have all of the same symptoms, like my sense of smell is really strong, and in general I just feel crap, oh and major headaches.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the implant out and felt this bad?
:wacko:

Hi, I had my implanon remove after using em for 7 years (yeah long time). Praise God that my AF came back within 40 days (I know some girls don't get their AF back for months/years). Symptoms....nothing bad in particular but my sex drive has improved dramatically since taking it off (if I had known, I'd have had it out much sooner!).

FX that your AF comes soon!

Hi, I had the same symptoms as you when I still had my implanon, so bad that I actually did a hpt! They stopped a few days after having it removed.
How long have you had it out? I had a withdrawl bleed with cramps and headaches for 3 days a couple of days after having it removed, and was told to wait 6 weeks for my AF, then test if it didn't arrive, so still waiting!

Good luck! x

I've had it out for 2 weeks now :) urgh implanon is awful i would never recommend it to anyone! GP made out like it was the best most effective contraception with no side-effects! There's tons of forums with women moaning about the side-effects, still got headaches and no cramping at all, feels like AF isn't even close

Good Luck! how long left is there of your 6 week wait?

xxx

Hiya
I had mine removed on the 30th sept, got withdrawl bleeding on the 2nd for 3 days. Was okay for a week or so then felt really ill. Sickness all the time, loss of appetite, headaches ect. Then got another af on the 20th.. Xxx

Hi candy panda, still 4 weeks to wait! since I don't know what my cycle will be like we are just dtd every other day. I would not recommend implanon to anyone, side effects are just awful! Fingers crossed for both of us! x :flower:

Yeah...I wouldn't recommend Implanon too. I totally freaked out when i read of all the after effects AFTER I took it out. Guess I just assumed everything was fine all these years. Scary.:dohh:

:) I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels weird after then, not that I'd wish any of the symptoms on anyone!
hope af comes soon so i can feel normal again :D

i had my implant taken out 3weeks ago.still not had a period or anything.though by the 2nd week of having it removed i felt so sick most days.had some headaches too.i really regret having the implant in.i only had it in for 1year.i am now ttc.hopefully it will all happen soon.

Glad to have found you! Tow weeks ago gp removed Implanon and now I constantly have cramps but nothing happens.:nope:
Don't know my body anymore , never felt like this before.

XXSaskia:flower:

shit! mines still in.. I am WTT in anther year or so.. I am scared of having it taken out now!! :wacko:

Glad to have found you! Tow weeks ago gp removed Implanon and now I constantly have cramps but nothing happens.:nope:
Don't know my body anymore , never felt like this before.

XXSaskia:flower:

Don't worry, I finally got my period :thumbup: everything's gone back to normal except i'm still a lot heavier than I was, my libido has come back and no more headaches! i'm so glad, don't worry girls it really does go back after a while it's just a nasty wait :)
Hope you feel good soon xxx

oh and my period has only lasted 2 days but it has been SO heavy - this may be wayyy tmi but just to prepare you, i used a regular tampon up every hour. so be prepared for heavy bleeding :/ good luck xxx

I hope I get my AF soon. Got my Implant out 8 days ago. Wish I had never had it in now - I didn't realise how much it could mess up your body! I just want to get started TTC but feel like I am just waiting - but who knows for how long. Come on the witch!!

I've just had implanon taken out, just under 2 weeks ago...After having it in for 3 years! I didn't realise that it was the cause of my panic attacks that left me housebound for nearly 6 Months...2 Months after having it put in!....It was a horrendeous time!
Since having it taken out, I have felt so ill....I've had a constant headache for days now, no appetite, nausea, aching all over, temperature and hot flushes and been so emotional, crying for no reason...Feels like i'm starting the menopause, it's freaking me out...I know these symptoms are common in alot of people after removal, but I just want to know how long they last before people felt well again...I've had a period a few days after removal, so unlike others, am not waiting for one! Please someone give me some hope of feeling normal again!....Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

....Oh and just to add, i'm soooooo tired all the time too!...Just hate all this. How long will it go on for???? :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->